Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First time with sprouts.  (Read 1173 times)

RumBar

• WKC Brave
First time with sprouts.
« on: January 23, 2017, 09:24:28 AM »
Brussels sprouts with salmon and chuck eye.
It was 60° in northeast Indiana on Saturday with a fantastic sunset to end the day as I starting the charcoal. Some friends had stopped over unexpectedly and we talked them into staying for dinner.
With inspiration from @MikeRocksTheRed my main goal for the evening was the brussel sprouts. I used fresh and frozen just to experiment along with the bacon, Parmesan cheese and a touch of lemon. I had the sprouts perfect at one point but I put them on the 18" to keep them warm and by the time I served them they were kinda mushy. Still great flavor and everyone had seconds of them. I will be trying them again soon.
The chuck eye was seared and then slow cooked for awhile and then the cedar planks were seared then topped with the salmon.  Every thing turned out good and it was a nice evening for all.

Thanks for looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 09:26:12 AM by RumBar »

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: First time with sprouts.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 09:28:19 AM »
That is grate looking cook @RumBar
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 09:55:49 AM »
Great looking cook @RumBar!  The sprouts looked pretty good.  Bummer they got a little too mushy, but the good news is that they still had all of their flavor.  Did you notice any difference between the fresh and frozen?  I've never tried frozen sprouts yet.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 02:05:14 PM »
Great looking cook @RumBar!  The sprouts looked pretty good.  Bummer they got a little too mushy, but the good news is that they still had all of their flavor.  Did you notice any difference between the fresh and frozen?  I've never tried frozen sprouts yet.
Never cooked sprouts ! What is your advice on them ? My wife was just taking about me trying them on the grill last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 02:08:21 PM »
Never cooked sprouts ! What is your advice on them ? My wife was just talking about me trying them on the grill last week.

Brussel sprout instructions in the main posting, then again in reply #3 in the same posting.
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/bbq-food-pics/juicy-lucy-with-'healthy'-sides/
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 03:19:40 PM »
Never cooked sprouts ! What is your advice on them ? My wife was just talking about me trying them on the grill last week.

Brussel sprout instructions in the main posting, then again in reply #3 in the same posting.
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/bbq-food-pics/juicy-lucy-with-'healthy'-sides/
Thanks man. Give this a go later on in the week

Met8

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 03:43:48 PM »
Looks awesome, making me hungry!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 02:51:17 PM »