Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First Craigslist Kettle  (Read 3704 times)

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
First Craigslist Kettle
« on: June 17, 2016, 07:15:21 PM »
Hi everyone, I scored my first Craigslist Kettle today. I have been wanting a vintage kettle for some time now and I am a Craigslist junky so it was inevitable that I would be dragging an old kettle home someday. I saw this kettle come up on Reno's Craigslist a couple weeks ago, seller wanted $45, I did not really need another kettle so I figured I would watch and see if he lowered his price. Yesterday day he reposted it at $40, I was amazed it was still available so I reached out to him and arranged to pick it up this morning. He was a nice old man, said he had it since new (F code so 1984?) but he bought a gasser and this one was in the shed for the last 15 years.

Here are some before and after pics. It is a cooker so probably not gonna get too much cleaner. Might sort some issues out with the legs and triangle but otherwise I think it's perfect.

Before:

After:

And with a brand new hinged grate:

Thanks for looking!

Darko

• WKC Performer
Re: First Craigslist Kettle
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 07:24:01 PM »
Nice score. Congrats on the pick up.

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 07:51:02 PM »
That's in nice shape. Congrats

Maxmbob

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 07:52:42 PM »
Great looking Brownie.
WTB, Westerner, glen blue,

cumminfourya

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 07:56:59 PM »
Looks great. Congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 07:58:39 PM »
In mint condition!   Surprised that no one picked up this minty brownie  earlier.  You have some patience waiting 2 weeks before making a move, but it worked out for you in the end.  Congrats!

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 08:13:17 PM »
I was surprised it lasted that long myself, once he reposted it I could not say no. I think a lot of people may search "weber" on Craigslist, this poster misspelled it and posted it as a "webber" which may have lead to me picking it up. I always search both "weber" and "webber", you never know what you may find!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 08:17:14 PM »
I really love that mini-fade on the lid rim.  That brownie is mostly brown, beautiful.  Congrats.
SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 08:18:54 PM »
Hey, nice score. Like greenweb said, I'm surprised it lasted so long. Great job bud!

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 08:28:37 PM »
I was surprised it lasted that long myself, once he reposted it I could not say no. I think a lot of people may search "weber" on Craigslist, this poster misspelled it and posted it as a "webber" which may have lead to me picking it up. I always search both "weber" and "webber", you never know what you may find!

That is very interesting!  If any one of us here got whiff or that ad. and posted here.... that kettle would have been gone in less than a day.   You are very lucky man.  Enjoy your new kettle.

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2016, 08:51:00 PM »
I even watched the online finds section on here and no one posted it, I guess it was meant to be!

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2016, 12:21:22 AM »
Nice score WEBERNV.
I was watching it for the last 5 or 6 days myself. I thought it looked pretty clean too and like you I was
surprised it was still available. I was looking a super clean brownie about a year ago that was listed in Carson.
As luck would have it, it was stolen from the guy the night before I was supposed to go pick it up as
it looked just as nice.. I'm glad a member got this one..   
AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2016, 06:17:25 PM »
Did my first cook on it today, two racks of pork baby backs and a half dozen beef short ribs. The old brownie almost held the temp better than my newish copper. All the food was great and my dad enjoyed a early father's day get together.

Lump charcoal snake setup:

Both kettles together:

Final results, I can say that they tasted better than this picture lets on:

Hope you all have a great Father's day!

Thanks for looking!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2016, 06:30:18 PM »
Happy Father's Day to you and everyone else as well! What a great day!

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2016, 09:17:39 PM »

Also try charcoal grill..charcole grill...charchoal grill. I've picked up a few that weren't even listed as weber grills.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.