Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Daughters new toy?  (Read 2581 times)

DonoBBQ

• WKC Brave
Daughters new toy?
« on: June 18, 2016, 11:58:07 AM »
Since my new obsession is pretty much all things Weber kettle related. Plus I've always enjoyed grilling and being outside.  My 7 y/o daughter asks me if she can have a play grill.  Ok no biggie,  I start looking at play grills and got a severe price shock.  The little Weber look a likes go for 30 to 50 bucks the other grills cost more than that! So while browsing the interwebs I come across an 18 for 65 bucks.  This got my gears turning.  Low and behold it's a brand new 18 with what appears to be a  GBS grate,  and a thermometer in the lid.  Two things I didn't think came in an 18. Not much usable surface once the grate is removed.  But kinda cool.  At the end of the deal I ended up with a brand new 18 with a cover,  charcoal seperaters,  GBS,  a lid thermometer for 50 bucks! Oh and she threw in a tool holder and a few tools.  Not bad if I don't say so myself!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Too many grills and too little time! Looking for a  BLUE GENESIS GASSER! Will pay a bounty!

Darko

• WKC Performer
Re: Daughters new toy?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 12:31:59 PM »
I don't think that's an original GBS. I can't see Weber making the insert different from the others. Nonetheless, nice score, I'm sure your daughter will enjoy it.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Daughters new toy?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 02:13:50 PM »
Hell brother. 7 years old, teach her how to cook on it. I supervise my 5 yr old when she grills hot dogs and so forth. Now granted, it's not like she is just chomping at the bit to grill, but she likes to help. I understand. When I burnt my arm sweeping ashes, I made them watch my arm peel and they realized not to play around the grills. She's gonna love whatever you do brother, so now is a good time to teach her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 02:19:37 PM by Travis »

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 02:15:40 PM »
Hell brother. 7 years old, teach her how to cook on it. I supervise my 5 yr old when she grills hot dogs and so forth. When I burnt my arm sweeping ashes, I made them watch my arm peel and they realized not to play around the grills. She's gonna love whatever you do brother, so now is a good time to teach her.

Jesus, I sound like a real Hitler in that. I'm not, I promise. I also like to take them shooting and pray before dinner and bed. I know, an all around non American...

haeffb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 02:19:05 PM »
Jesus, I sound like a real Hitler in that. I'm not, I promise. I also like to take them shooting and pray before dinner and bed. I know, an all around non American...

No, you sound like a real father, letting them have life experiences and whatnot.

DonoBBQ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 04:08:21 PM »
She's already cooked on "her"  smokey joe,  brats!  She just wanted a toy to play with but for the price,  I got a better deal on the real thing

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Too many grills and too little time! Looking for a  BLUE GENESIS GASSER! Will pay a bounty!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 04:20:13 PM »
Ah! I put foot in mouth, again! Love it, bud!

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 04:23:27 PM »
Never too young.. Give a kid a hot dog she eats for one day. Teach her how to grill
She will eat for ever and be the the envy of everyone else!!
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

chefn58

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2016, 04:38:54 PM »
I don't think that's an original GBS. I can't see Weber making the insert different from the others. Nonetheless, nice score, I'm sure your daughter will enjoy it.
It is an original gbs. I've seen them somewhere else. If my memory serves me correct, it was a European release.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Searching for a Blue 18" MBH

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2016, 07:44:59 PM »
It is an original gbs. I've seen them somewhere else. If my memory serves me correct, it was a European release.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info.