Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Onlyfire 18-1/2 Rotisserie Ring for Jumbo Joe  (Read 6239 times)

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Re: Onlyfire 18-1/2 Rotisserie Ring for Jumbo Joe
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2017, 09:46:16 AM »
Very excited to receive my first rotisserie!  In anticipation of playing with my new toy, also purchased 12 organic chickens, a 13lb turkey, and a bunch of butchers twine.  It'll be a dizzy weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2017, 01:53:46 PM »
You are going to love the rotisserie. I want to cook everything on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soobaerodude

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2017, 01:56:43 PM »
Very excited to receive my first rotisserie!

Nice!  Did you try it on an 18.5" WSM?

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2017, 02:36:00 PM »

Very excited to receive my first rotisserie!

Nice!  Did you try it on an 18.5" WSM?
Dang it, sorry dude, was so excited to spin my first bird I forgot to try it on the WSM.  I JUST put it on....  Will report back when it's not in use. 

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2017, 04:21:59 PM »
I have the 22 for my OTG it's great!
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2017, 04:24:22 PM »
I have the 22 for my OTG it's great!

Will the Rib-O-Lator fit it?
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2017, 06:05:32 PM »
@soobaerodude, the ring will fit on top of the WSM's mid-section, but the WSM lid doesn't fit neatly around the ring; more like just sitting on top of the ring... precariously balanced.  Obviously you could just use a regular 18" lid instead.

soobaerodude

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2017, 08:51:34 AM »
@soobaerodude, the ring will fit on top of the WSM's mid-section, but the WSM lid doesn't fit neatly around the ring; more like just sitting on top of the ring... precariously balanced.  Obviously you could just use a regular 18" lid instead.

Thanks!  Have you tried placing the ring upside down onto the mid-section?  I read in some reviews it fit better that way, and I'm interested in using the ring as a stacker sometimes
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 08:55:10 AM by soobaerodude »

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Onlyfire 18-1/2 Rotisserie Ring for Jumbo Joe
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2017, 05:42:13 AM »

Thanks!  Have you tried placing the ring upside down onto the mid-section?  I read in some reviews it fit better that way, and I'm interested in using the ring as a stacker sometimes
@soobaerodude, I flipped the ring and put it on the WSM, and although the ring will still fit on the mid-section, the WSM lid is slightly too big for this configuration.  This pic should elucidate what I'm trying to say:

soobaerodude

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2017, 08:20:14 AM »

@soobaerodude, I flipped the ring and put it on the WSM, and although the ring will still fit on the mid-section, the WSM lid is slightly too big for this configuration.  This pic should elucidate what I'm trying to say:

Thanks for the visual! 

badboi

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2017, 08:02:34 AM »
Hi,

Could you post a picture of the Only fire rotisserie on top of the 18.5" weber smokey mountain the correct side up with and without the lid balanced on?

Much appreciated!

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2017, 09:37:32 AM »

Hi,

Could you post a picture of the Only fire rotisserie on top of the 18.5" weber smokey mountain the correct side up with and without the lid balanced on?

Much appreciated!

badboi

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2017, 11:26:55 AM »
Thanks so much!  DO you have a photo with the lid placed on top of this?

I think I will get the black model: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/322309565557

badboi

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2017, 11:52:17 AM »
Hi,

also, can you comment on the built quality of the components + motor operation, pros/cons?

What is the largest weight you have spun on this unit?

thanks!

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2017, 01:53:24 PM »

Hi,

also, can you comment on the built quality of the components + motor operation, pros/cons?

What is the largest weight you have spun on this unit?

thanks!
Here's a pic with the WSM lid balanced on top.  I would NOT run it this way!!  It's just too unstable. 

This is my first and only rotisserie, so I don't have any other basis for comparison, but it works flawlessly.  Build quality is ok, I wasn't super impressed when I took it out of the box, but again nothing to compare it to.  The motor works smoothly, even when I've gone beyond the max weight. 

Before I bought this, I wasn't sure if I'd really use a rotisserie that often, and so the price point was attractive.  Now that I've used it 10+ times over a couple months, I'm happy to have it my arsenal.