Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Fired Kettle Pizza  (Read 10049 times)

Jason

• WKC Ranger
Weber Fired Kettle Pizza
« on: February 06, 2016, 08:22:31 PM »
We had a fun night making pizza! I hope you guys and gals enjoy this short video my daughter put together.

https://youtu.be/XP4-aB0hP0Q

My sister and daughters assisted with getting the toppings ready to go. The big bowl of Thai salad was a very nice compliment to the pizzas.

This is the first pizza!

For this cook with the Kettle Pizza, I used a SnS that is on loan to me. I used a fully lit chimney of Coshell briquettes and added mini splits of Red Oak as needed. My broken pizza stone is on a grate above the cooking steel. We cooked 5 pizzas tonight, over the course of 2.5 hours, with just the one chimney of Coshell. Probably could have done several more pizzas, but took our time having fun with it. On average, the pizzas cooked in 5 minutes, or less, and all came out about the same. The pizza in the video is currently a family favorite! Alfredo sauce and cheese go into the oven and then bacon bits and arugula on top of the hot pie...TASTY!!!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 04:22:04 PM by Jason »

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
Re: Kettle Pizza Video
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 09:35:25 PM »
Looks great!
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

usoloco

• Smokey Joe
Re: Kettle Pizza Video
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 04:46:22 AM »
[emoji106][emoji481][emoji487]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mattmountz94

• WKC Brave
Re: Weber Fired Kettle Pizza
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 03:21:55 AM »
awesome little video! that alfredo pie looked killer

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 08:30:37 AM »
Well, it looks like I need to try a pizza cook with my SNS!  You're pies look amazing,  I've always been afraid to roll my dough, but yours came out exactly how I like them, so I am going to have to give that a try as well.  Can you further explain where your stone is?   It sounds like you are getting much longer cooks at of way few coals than I am using so I'm thinking your stone being above the pizza might be the key to that.  My stone is broken too but in a steel pan so it is still usable, but I might have to look into getting a steel.  That seems to work really good for you.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 11:20:38 AM »
Great looking pizza.
May The Smoke Be With You!

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 02:41:40 PM »
That's a great looking pie!

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 08:19:32 PM »
@MikeRocksTheRed  The pizzas are being cooked on top of a 16" round piece of steel that is 1/4" thick. The stone is on another grate that is on the top level of the Kettle Pizza attachment. The stone up top helps direct the heat and flames over the top of the cooking pizza. I made sure there was ample flame from the mini splits, before I put another pizza in there. I'm not certain if the SnS made a difference or not, but was glad that I used it, as it was easy to manage the fire with it.     

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 04:01:08 PM »
Jason that pie looks magical.

My kettle pizza is on its way, thanks to you....

Now you need to come up and teach me how to make :)

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 05:38:07 PM »
Now you need to come up and teach me how to make :)

Of course!

SixZeroFour

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2016, 04:14:13 PM »
Great, now I'm starving for pizza AND I have the "pizza pie" song stuck in my head. Thanks Jason. ;) ;D

Totally kidding! The pies look delicious and great vid too!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2016, 05:43:24 PM »
Awesome cook with the whole family getting involved - just the way it should be!  Thanks for sharing,

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2016, 06:56:42 PM »
That's some serious pizza chops. And you have the gear dialed in from the look of the final product. Looks like a great time.

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2016, 07:33:28 PM »
Thanks for the positive feedback guys! I feel pretty comfortable with the set-up now and wouldn't hesitate to fire it up for just a couple pizzas.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 07:55:57 PM by Jason »