Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Two unreal deals in one day! Still cant believe it!  (Read 7301 times)

SixZeroFour

Two unreal deals in one day! Still cant believe it!
« on: June 20, 2015, 07:35:34 PM »
So about 8:30pm last night someone posts up an ad on the local Craigslist showing a Black SS performer for $20!! I couldn't believe my eyes as $150 is about going rate for an SS around here... It was covered in grime but looked solid enough, and for 20 bones the parts alone make it worth while. I fired off an e-mail immediately (22min after posting) but then didn't hear anything for the rest of the night and figured it was long gone... Sure enough about 8am this morning I get a reply email saying that he had 30 emails on it since last night and even one person who offered $50 but that I was first in line so he wanted to offer it to me and hold the original price. I was thrilled and thanked him very much then ran out to the truck as fast as my legs would take me!

The Performer was located about 45min from my house so I set off on the road to pick it up. About half way there I get another alert under the search terms "Weber | Webber" of a garage sale literally 5 min from where I was scheduled to pick up the SS. I skimmed the ad and saw this...

The deal hunter in me noticed a few things right away: #1) The spelling of "Webber" (good chance this guy isn't a hard core BBQ'r) and #2) The sale was only set to run from 8-12 so more than likely they wanted to move stuff quick. Even though I have a ranch and need another like a hole in the head I couldn't resist stopping in to check it out. Well, as I round the corner into the cul-de-sac I immediately notice a free standing kettle, not a Ranch, so I proceed to circle around the loop to head back.... but wait a second... That's not a 22!

I parked the truck and walked over slowly pretending to be just a random dude checking out the garage sale. As I walk up the guy says to me "Good Morning - You're just the guy I'm looking for - you have a big truck to haul stuff away!" In my head I'm thinking this is amazing, the first EVER 26r I've seen pop up locally and if I can snag it for under 2 bills I am going to run home skipping like a school girl!

So I start eyeballing around and he starts pointing stuff out - then he says "How about a smoker? I've got this Mini King Ranch for sale for fathers day. I take a peek at it, it's in amazing condition just dirty, and the only thing missing was the charcoal grate. Now I start to show a bit of interest and say "So, what were looking to get for it?" getting ready to counter with my starting price of $150... he looks at me and I swear he says "How about $20?"

I think I may have slightly soiled myself at this point but was able to hold it together and get a crisp $20 out of my wallet and mumble the words "Thank You!!"

I couldn't freaking believe it!!! So here is my one day score with a grand total cost of...  $40 !!!  ;D ;D

To make things even better they are both essentially perfect! The Performer is in better shape than most I've seen. Needless to say I will doing a bowl swap between carts and then reselling what's left 8) The Handles on the 26r are new and the propane tank on the SS is mine - otherwise they were cleaned and that's it!

An early Happy Fathers Day that's for sure!! Wishing the same to the rest of you tomorrow!

Matt
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 10:04:32 PM by SixZeroFour »
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Two unreal deals in one day! Still cant believe it!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 07:43:08 PM »
DAYUM!!!!

That's definitely the deal of the month.

Any idea how much a charcoal grate it for the 26?

bbquy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 07:50:29 PM »
Congrats man!! Wooo whooo! What a frikin deal!!!!

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 07:50:41 PM »
congrats!  ridiculous scores for sure. 
I only use kettles with lid bales.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 07:51:15 PM »
Wishing the same to the rest of you tomorrow!

Ok. Just in case it comes true I have a couple 20's ready to go.

To put this in perspective for you guys in the States...our dollar is worth .75 compared to yours. So google says:

40 Canadian Dollar equals
32.61 US Dollar

Father's day...I don't think so....me thinks 604 has horseshoes up his ass. Wow. Good on ya' bud. Only problem is the replacement charcoal grate is gonna run ya more than the cost of the 2 cookers. You can sell the SS Performer to pay for it though.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

shiner

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 08:07:04 PM »
Go buy a lottery ticket RIGHT NOW!
If anyone runs across a good deal in Oklahoma please let me know.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 08:15:39 PM »
Great scores, Matt!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Dave O

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2015, 08:28:33 PM »
Nice score Matt,
We never see 26 ers in these parts, congrats.
One of these days I hope to find one
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 08:31:00 PM by Dave O »

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2015, 08:45:14 PM »
Whoooolllllyyyyy smokes...good for you. 

Grills

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2015, 08:48:17 PM »
Fantastic scores,congrats!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2015, 09:37:34 PM »
@SixZeroFour 

Those are both sweet! Especially that 26er!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2015, 12:45:20 AM »
Double score! I wish I could get so lucky with a 26r
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2015, 01:55:01 AM »
Awesome scores!!! That is kettle karma coming back around at ya....

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2015, 02:14:18 AM »
$40 Canadian right so you got those for like $10 US.....   :)

Awesome scores
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2015, 03:44:15 AM »
What a day, congrats! They look showroom new. Did you remove the 26er's heat shield?
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers