Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Two unreal deals in one day! Still cant believe it!  (Read 7299 times)

buckeyesmoker

• WKC Brave
Re: Two unreal deals in one day! Still cant believe it!
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2015, 05:14:43 PM »
 DAM !!!!!   ;)
Search of Blue or Green MBH

Bigdave

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2015, 07:19:47 PM »
Sweet score! Does craigslist have a app the alerts you when someone posts an add with your keywords?

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2015, 07:54:03 PM »
@SixZeroFour

Matt, don't take this the wrong way, I mean it in the nicest way possible, but DAMMIT< I HATE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   YOU SUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously nice score my man.   You've definitely got awesome Weber Karma !!

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2015, 11:21:48 AM »
Still can't get over those.  Really nice score!!!

Qreps

• WKC Brave
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2015, 07:28:31 PM »
Wow amazing story. Great score congratulations !

Cochise

• WKC Brave
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2015, 08:28:32 PM »
It never ceases to amaze me how cheap people let these things go for...I got a yard sale Smokey Joe this weekend for $2 and thought to myself "what are you really going to do with two bucks these days pal? Buy a newspaper?" Even if I never use that SJ in my life, I will never regret that purchase.
SMOKE THIS!!

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2015, 10:34:39 PM »
It never ceases to amaze me how cheap people let these things go for...I got a yard sale Smokey Joe this weekend for $2 and thought to myself "what are you really going to do with two bucks these days pal? Buy a newspaper?" Even if I never use that SJ in my life, I will never regret that purchase.

I know what you mean. I see a lot of things on CL for $5 or $10 and know I wouldn't want to deal with people coming to the house to look at stuff for so little return. I'd rather just give it to a friend or put it curbside with a "FREE" sign on it at that point.
I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2015, 03:05:30 AM »

I know what you mean. I see a lot of things on CL for $5 or $10 and know I wouldn't want to deal with people coming to the house to look at stuff for so little return. I'd rather just give it to a friend or put it curbside with a "FREE" sign on it at that point.

Oh, I don't know......this was $10 & i'm glad the fellow didn't just stick it out on the curb...............

"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2015, 05:58:00 AM »
Same here, buckie.

I'm forever grateful the previous owner of this treasure took the time to list it on CL in the free section rather than roll it to the curb:

hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

SixZeroFour

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2015, 01:00:11 PM »
@SixZeroFour
Matt, don't take this the wrong way, I mean it in the nicest way possible, but DAMMIT< I HATE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   YOU SUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@demosthenes9

Hahaha thanks Dave. And don't worry, I would have felt the same way towards you if had you found it ;) ;D ;)
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2015, 01:25:36 PM »
@SixZeroFour

@demosthenes9

Hahaha thanks Dave. And don't worry, I would have felt the same way towards you if had you found it ;) ;D ;)

Hehhee.   Just to make you a bit jealous, I did find this for $10

Now I just have to convert it to LP and try to find the right hand Urail, table and condiment rack that someone took off.  If I get really lucky, a sideburner.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2015, 02:25:13 PM »
I am jealous! $10?!?!

Lol and would you believe I literally just today finished a full tear down and restore on the 4-burner counterpart! Apparently I got ripped off at $50 ;) ;) This era of Summit is built extremely well - the best IMO!

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2015, 02:29:58 PM »
Wow, that's awesome.  I'm jealous once again.

Do those pop up somewhat regularly up there ?   Reason I ask is that I almost never see them down here and I need some parts.  Specifically, the U shaped rail, table and condiment tray from either the left or right side.    I checked with Weber and the other normal parts outlets, and no one has those parts in stock.     It would be well worth $50, plus the shipping, plus whatever beer or whatnot for you to get those parts.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 02:32:16 PM by demosthenes9 »

SixZeroFour

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2015, 02:36:24 PM »
Not at all, this is the very first I've seen. The cart etc is identical to the FlatTop Summit I had awhile back - HEAVY tubing for the whole cart, solid SS side tables and even cabinet sides!... These are Mean grills!

I'll def keep an eye out for you though!  8)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 02:38:40 PM by SixZeroFour »

SixZeroFour

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2015, 02:41:29 PM »
You should check in with some of the Aussi's - I know they had at least the flat tops over there. Might be better parts availability?