Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Stereo Crate & Barrel Performers!  (Read 4648 times)

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
Stereo Crate & Barrel Performers!
« on: May 17, 2015, 04:16:42 PM »
So I've had the grey a couple of years and its awesome. Like a bunch of people here, I check craigs periodically to see if anything really cool pops up.  I was busy at work and decided as a little break I'd check it out. Under a posting for Weber Charcoal Grill I clicked and it turned out to be a C&B performer.  I shot off an email, figured I wasn't going to hear anything since it had been up for around 2.5/3 hours, and then saw this

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/boston-cl-cb-performer-$20/

and was almost sure that I wasn't going to end up with it.  However, the seller contacted me and said it was mine, could I pick it up Sunday?  Saturday would have been better, but I wasn't about to argue.

Got to the FOURTH floor, no elevator roof deck to see that the boyfriend had taken the bowl out to help get it through the windy stairs down. I think he mangled a bracket a little bit, but I didn't notice for sure.  They said they didn't put it together, so I couldn't ask where the charcoal bucket ended up.  It came with a chimney and....2 cans of lighter fluid and a thing of Matchlight! He said "it has some kind of a gas thing too but we never used it" I was a little surprised, to say the least.  Really nice people-the boyfriend helped me carry it down, and the girlfriend kept her word on the sale and promptly took the ad down before I could get snaked by somebody offering more or saying it was too good of a deal.  The ad itself said they knew it was a steal, and I think they just wanted somebody to come and take it on their terms, fast.

Here's a few pictures of the two of them getting to know each other. 

I gave it a VERY quick cleaning (I had a ton of work to get done today and couldn't go over it that well) and took some pics.  I think it is going to migrate to my girlfriend's dads getaway house up in Maine, and the weekend I bring it up, I'll really go over it all with a couple beers.  I think it will look almost new. The grates are in pretty good shape, but I bought a couple new ones on the massive Home Depot clearance so I think I'll donate a shiny new one to the cause.  It didn't have charcoal baskets either, but I have an extra set from the same clearance.

Green and Grey...I'm hunting you, C&B Blue!

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Re: Stereo Crate & Barrel Performers!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 04:29:40 PM »
Very very nice.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 04:38:59 PM »
They look nice sitting next to each other, sweet score!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 05:11:30 PM »
man, you stole that thing. Congratulations!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 05:18:56 PM »
Congrats..that like winning a scratch off lotto ticket..dang
Grills

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 06:55:41 PM »
Nice pair!

... I'll really go over it all with a couple beers.  I think it will look almost new.  ...

Nope, it won't. I've tried. Only thing that happens is that you waste the beer and makes the surfaces sticky. Doesn't even create a decent polish and stinks after a while when left out in the sun.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 10:09:59 PM »
Nice score for sure!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 05:19:11 AM »
so glad a WKC'er got this.  nice clean up as well! 
I only use kettles with lid bales.

Jeep

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 06:42:52 AM »
22 Performer - Black - AA ** 22 OTS - Black - Cajun Bandit - AD ** 22 MT - Burgundy - EO
18 OTS - Guinness - DZ **  SJG - Black - Turned into Mini WSM  ** SJS - Lime - AT (x2)

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 10:05:11 AM »
Ha, thanks Jeep. Meant the new C&B one but that isn't a terrible deal either. Nice one touch blue then make up a table or rig a new metal performer one to it.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2015, 10:17:45 AM »
Wow, congrats!  And thanks for the reminder that sometimes these incredible deals are just that-- the sellers keep their word and stick to the terms of the sale.  So cool. 
One of the charcoal people.

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2015, 01:28:14 PM »
That was one of the best deals I have ever seen.  Glad a member got it.

charred

• WKC Performer
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2017, 09:21:02 AM »
So I've had the grey a couple of years and its awesome. Like a bunch of people here, I check craigs periodically to see if anything really cool pops up.  I was busy at work and decided as a little break I'd check it out. Under a posting for Weber Charcoal Grill I clicked and it turned out to be a C&B performer.  I shot off an email, figured I wasn't going to hear anything since it had been up for around 2.5/3 hours, and then saw this

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/boston-cl-cb-performer-$20/

and was almost sure that I wasn't going to end up with it.  However, the seller contacted me and said it was mine, could I pick it up Sunday?  Saturday would have been better, but I wasn't about to argue.

Got to the FOURTH floor, no elevator roof deck to see that the boyfriend had taken the bowl out to help get it through the windy stairs down. I think he mangled a bracket a little bit, but I didn't notice for sure.  They said they didn't put it together, so I couldn't ask where the charcoal bucket ended up.  It came with a chimney and....2 cans of lighter fluid and a thing of Matchlight! He said "it has some kind of a gas thing too but we never used it" I was a little surprised, to say the least.  Really nice people-the boyfriend helped me carry it down, and the girlfriend kept her word on the sale and promptly took the ad down before I could get snaked by somebody offering more or saying it was too good of a deal.  The ad itself said they knew it was a steal, and I think they just wanted somebody to come and take it on their terms, fast.

Here's a few pictures of the two of them getting to know each other. 

I gave it a VERY quick cleaning (I had a ton of work to get done today and couldn't go over it that well) and took some pics.  I think it is going to migrate to my girlfriend's dads getaway house up in Maine, and the weekend I bring it up, I'll really go over it all with a couple beers.  I think it will look almost new. The grates are in pretty good shape, but I bought a couple new ones on the massive Home Depot clearance so I think I'll donate a shiny new one to the cause.  It didn't have charcoal baskets either, but I have an extra set from the same clearance.

Green and Grey...I'm hunting you, C&B Blue!

Imagine that, a couple of North of Boston guys with the same Crate and Barrel Performer combo!  What are the chances a couple of C&B Blues pop up over the winter? 
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 09:24:02 AM by captjoe06 »
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2017, 04:45:24 PM »
Zombie thread rises again!

Having all 3 CnB performers only happens my garage. Gray CnB in Dallas is rare like unicorn feathers.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.