Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Stuffed Pork Tenderloin and Chicken Breast  (Read 1829 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Stuffed Pork Tenderloin and Chicken Breast
« on: April 30, 2015, 03:50:23 PM »
Wife doesn't do pork, so I cooked 3 breasts for tonight + later.

Marinated a few hours with a little of each: olive oil, fish sauce, Rose's lime juice, Herbie's Grilling Seasoning, cocoa spice, ground Annatto Achiote Molido. Sounds like a lot but I didn't use a lot, so it was spread thin but just enough.

The pork tenderloin was sold as 2 pieces but I'd intended to stuff it with cooked Polish sausages. So the sausages instead got surrounded by the pork and the whole mess tied together with silicone bands. Seasoned with cocoa spice, pork spice, Weber's Chicken & Rib.

Pork cooked for an hour and then I removed the grate and put corn and mashed beans down in the basement. Frozen corn and one from Bush's Cocina Latina series.

All done with that, about 2 hrs total, pulled it all off. Grill had been going at about 250 and I opened it up another 50 degrees for the last hour maybe to help get beans and corn ready.

Oh here, I saved one for you,

With all that away I cooked the chicken since wifey wasn't yet home anyway. That took 30-40 mins. Here it is about halfway done,

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Stuffed Pork Tenderloin and Chicken Breast
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 04:19:43 PM »
Looks very good!

Pork tenderloin is typically sold in pairs (since pigs have two, and they're small).

A word of caution - (because I don't want you to get the salmonella squirts)... the surface of pork should be cooked to 160, while the inside should only go to 145.
The way you stuffed makes the cook challenging, since there is surface 'on the inside'
Not criticizing, as I would totally eat that ;)
Just trying to share info that I've learned (the hard way) over the years. =D

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 04:23:09 PM »
Man I think drip beans/corn/whatever is the next step I need to take in kettle cooking. I always have a pan there anyway because I don't like greasy kettles. Better put it on beans and in me than in the trash!

SixZeroFour

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 04:23:30 PM »
Tenderloin and chicken both look delicious ATS! What did you think of the grilling bands?
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 04:43:01 PM »
Honkin' GREAT cookup there man !!!!

I remember  (& not too long ago!!) you saying you weren't any good at this stuff......it's a different ballgame now!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 05:07:27 PM »
Matt -- I picked those up a month or so ago from Amazon and gave some of the package to @chuck s. We both give them a thumbs up!

Troy thanks for the info. I figured it had to be something like that. I got confused with pork loin ... tell me that's not sold "in pairs," also? Anyway, knowing that about the tenderloin I probably won't bother with doing it that way anymore. So, a new challenge for next time, outside 160 with inside 145.

This was the second one I've done and both times it was cooked right (lucky) and tasty. The first was ... interesting. Did it on one side of my Jumbo Joe, but I couldn't stuff that one either, and no tie, so it got "layered" kinda, that time with the innards of some sausage (uncooked, so I made sure I had enough heat and time happening.) The "presentation" was a complete mess but yummy. http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/grilling-bbqing/placing-the-probe-i've-tried-to-get-it-right-but-remain-unsure/msg139624/#msg139624

Austin -- It didn't start out as drip beans or drip corn. Tenderloin pork is lean and I'd forgotten that. Two regular drip pans (the small ones; they also fit Weber gassers) were used. It dripped basically nothing but 2 drops. Still, I wanted it mostly cooked before putting food underneath for the reason Troy mentioned, potential salmonella. During the meat cook I came up with the sides to have and noticed I could actually put my drip pans to use for them. Frozen corn was a mistake; the grill wasn't quite hot enough for them and they plated cold. Didn't know it when I pulled them or I could have put their pan up on the coals. Or shoulda got that up to room temp first.

Ken -- Thanks but I'm pretty sure by all I've said above I still have much to learn! I enjoy being able to zig when the situation presents a zag.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 05:22:13 PM »
"I enjoy being able to zig when the situation presents a zag."

That's the ticket....fluid brain dynamics, man.....  8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

chuck s

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 03:54:24 AM »
awesome as usual my friend!!  Tonight @addicted-to-smoke and I are teaming up again for some Jumbo shrimp and stir fry on my new Weber Gourmet Wok!!   

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2015, 05:47:39 AM »
It all looks good!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......