Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Lunch With L.B.  (Read 3046 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Lunch With L.B.
« on: February 10, 2015, 02:04:09 PM »
A couple weeks ago L.B. let me know Coshell was on sale at Lowes. He was kind enough to grab me 20 bags and store it. He also had a vent set for a PP red I have in need of bottom vents...so today I drove over the border and met L.B. at a BBQ restaurant for lunch and a pickup. I also picked up a pair of Weber meat shredders/grabbers and received a gift of a Weber burger maker. As a big burger man going way back this is right up my alley.

Here I am home with the charcoal inside the front door:

I was just imagining what she would say seeing this haul when who showed up? "Oh my goodness", were the words. She then asked the Rottweiler how he could have allowed this to happen. He had no choice boys.

L.B. took some shots of our lunch so I'll let him add them. Thanks again for suggesting lunch Jeff....fine idea and I appreciate it guy.....the burger press too. My wife has already suggested she use it....no prodding from me dude!!! Ha!!!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 02:16:03 PM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Lunch With L.B.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 03:03:30 PM »
So for some reason the photo of the meal didn't take on my new phone, the only other pic that I have is the Birthday gift from MrHoss of 3 awesome looking sauces, (which I left in @MrHoss's car when we drove to my car around back of the restaurant).  The other photo is of the charcoal in the back of my van which is well represented above.

We ate at a fairly new BBQ place in Port Huron, @MrHoss enjoyed a two meat meal of Ribs and Brisket, I went with the Brisket sandwich.  I have to say, while I enjoyed it, BBQ joints have it difficult when serving to a couple of Weber guys.  BBQ just can't be mass produced as well as at home. 

BTW, Home Depot can still be had for some good deals on accessories, 1/2 off Burger maker and claws, I also picked up some Weber utensils as well for my new Master-touch.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 05:31:41 PM »
nice score!
i love seeing members meeting up offline!!!!

SixZeroFour

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 07:36:20 AM »
Wow, nice haul Hoss and kudos for helping out LB! Glad to see you guys got to grab some BBQ, even if it wasn't the 10 out of 10 you're used to at home :)
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 02:53:22 PM »
I never make brisket so if I go to a BBQ place I usually order it.

It was a nice meetup indeed.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 09:36:22 PM »
Great pickup the the Coshells. Haven't found any Weber accessories on sale lately.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 06:06:08 AM »
@argentflame - perhaps it is the snow that is causing discounts on bbq stuff up North. Sales are no doubt depressed and they will be needing shelf space in the Spring so need to move product somehow. Good luck hunting anyways though guy.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"