Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What kind of rotisserie to fit a turkey with plenty of clearance?  (Read 5833 times)

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
Re: What kind of rotisserie to fit a turkey with plenty of clearance?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2014, 09:27:39 PM »
Trying to choose between the Cajun bandit and the weber rotisserie.

Things to consider:

I'd like to fit a decent sized turkey on the thing with a fair amount of space between the bird and the lid.

I like to be able to put racks on the rotisserie eventually for ribs and such. Something like the rib-o-lator. I don't know if this is only compatible with the Cajun bandit though.

Don't care if it's battery vs corded.

I like the idea of keeping the regular cooking grate on the kettle but maybe I'm dreaming there, space-wise.

I've got both the CB and the older tabbed Weber.  My older weber fits my older kettle pretty snug.  In my experience they both work similarly well.  People praise the CB and how tight it is.  I find it is as leaky as my tabbed Weber.  The issue with the CB is that it can reverse and due to this there are additional holes and slots for the spit and motor mount.  I find these to be very leaky.  The CB guy had no interest in making blanks that could be attached to the CB to cover these holes.  He suggested duct tape.

The CB stainless ring is certainly nicer than the Weber.  If you have or may get a WSM the reversible nature of the CB is a bonus.

I think that they will have similar turkey clearance.

I think they will work equally well with a grate and a ribolater.

Really, you can't go wrong with either.

FYI, I prefer a corded motor to a battery.  I find that the battery motor that came with the CB is much louder than the corded motor I replaced it with.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 09:30:04 PM by ClubChapin »

BrendonTW

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 04:55:49 AM »
Just ordered the CB! Hopefully it will arrive a few days before Christmas.

TexasOnion

• WKC Ranger

blackdog043

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 07:21:51 PM »
Brendon, you won't be disappointed with your choice!!!
Bill    Looking for a Yellow