Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My Thanksgiving Day Grilling.  (Read 1460 times)

wyd

• WKC Ranger
My Thanksgiving Day Grilling.
« on: December 01, 2014, 10:52:47 AM »
Thanksgiving was the most ever I tried to grill at one time.  I did a 14lb turkey on my 22" Platinum Kettle, they ham on the 22" Gold kettle, and the kielbossi on the Genesis Gasser.  Got up at 5AM to get everything ready.  Started with the turkey first.  Washed up my fresh turkey and dried.  I injected my turkey with Cajun Injections butter creole.  Stuffed the turkey with pears, garlic, oranges and apples.  Light rub of garlic, pepper and little rub.  At 7:30 I had my grill up to temp and put on the bird.  I used cherry wood to add nice color and a little extra flavor.

Next I did the ham.  7lb ham with pineapples and cherries on it.  Then finished off at the end with an apricot glaze.  I used a little piece of cherry wood and a little piece of mesquite for the added flavor.  I did add 7 pieces of garlic I put into the ham in various places for extra moisture.  Must of worked as it had plenty of juice.  Nothing dry in that ham.  Lol

Polish Keilbossi was done on my Genesis Gasser that a bought about a 2 months ago.  Was my first time using it and it worked perfectly.  Really like the older style Genesis grills and surely don't hurt that is blue and matches my two blue 22" kettles I used.

I was super happy with how everything turned out.  Everything was super juicy and all my family really liked having it all done on the grills.  Having everything done on the grills was a totally new experience for everything.
Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)

GregS

• WKC Performer
Re: My Thanksgiving Day Grilling.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 11:59:07 AM »
that all looks amazing!
I only use kettles with lid bales.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 06:52:54 PM »
That looks really good!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

SixZeroFour

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 09:48:08 PM »
It all looks great wyd! How long did you leave the 7lb ham on the grill? Looks delicious!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 10:47:26 PM »
That looks Grate !!!!

Both the ham & turkey look real juicy.....the creole butter works well in the bird, eh?
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

wyd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 09:58:12 AM »
It all looks great wyd! How long did you leave the 7lb ham on the grill? Looks delicious!
I had it on right around 2 hours at around 325 degrees and maybe a little hotter at the start til it stabilized.

wyd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 09:58:44 AM »
That looks Grate !!!!

Both the ham & turkey look real juicy.....the creole butter works well in the bird, eh?
Yes big fan of butter creole. ;D