Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cuda Dan Cooks 15 Racks Of Ribs  (Read 3253 times)

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
Cuda Dan Cooks 15 Racks Of Ribs
« on: October 27, 2014, 12:12:55 AM »
Saturday October 26, 2014. Cuda Dan invited me to his friend's birthday/Halloween party and he is in charge of the BBQ. Dan invited me and I just have to go to watch and learn on how the master grillfella cooks. Dan feel free to add on to this story.
Jack and Lisa thank you for having me. Every individual I met  are so friendly and welcoming. This is one of the best party ever. This is a party that can't be missed. Every rib came out fantastic. Moist, delicous and tasty. Every person that talked to Dan they were giving him compliments. Dan did a great job and very relaxed. He was able to ad lib while cooking.

Dan's Arsenals. 3 Redheads, 1 Black and a roti with Ribolator.

Dan Dan The BBQ Man

Warming Area For the ribs taken out of the cooler. The man in blue shirt. Sheldon use to own a yellow kettle.

When the first batch of ribs were done. Mrs. Cuda Dan (Darcy) cuts the ribs. In fact all 15 racks she cut.

Jack the birthday celebrant. A scientist love to mix and match the liquids and spice to the ribs.

Some drinks and food from the party. Friends brought their favorite dishes. I tried every single dish and it was all delicious. Forgot to take pics of desserts and there was plenty

Our talented musicians. They played all afternoon and all night. Never got tired of listening to them.

Some of the fruits and veges Dan grilled. I get to help on cooking the Caspers Hotdogs.

One of the Dan's Mods to hold the probe.

Everybody gets to carve pumpkins the young and young at heart.

Doug's fire breathing pumpkin. Very Cool.

Adam the chainsaw pumpkin carver. Grew this pumpkin in his garden.

Everybody watching the World Series.

Here's some of the ingredients on the ribs.

Our four legged friends. They are so well behave and friendly. Ty and Reggie.

This is a present from Jack. Can't wait to try it. A product of Belize.

Since the ribs were a bust. Dan was ready to cutup the kettles and Gary is blocking the debris.

@Winz I assume this is Dan's favorite beer. I love the taste of this beer no bitter after taste.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 06:26:43 AM by argentflame »

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Cuda Dan Cooks 15 Racks Of Ribs
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 04:55:55 AM »
Alright  !!!

Grate pics AL.....this is my favorite:

Warming Area For the ribs taken out of the cooler. The man in blue shirt. Sheldon use to own a yellow kettle.

Great fun was had by all, young & old looks like......get to talking kettles with people & find they had one (Yellow even)!!!
Pumpkin carving, with a chainsaw even !!

Music, drinks, birthday fellow gets in on the cooking / saucing.....grate show on the cook, DAN...... 15's a bunch, requiring multiple units & the 'Lator & Mrs. Dan, Darcy, the all-important finisher..... ;D

Grate Job gang !!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Cuda Dan

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 05:47:22 AM »
Alvin thanks for the story of the party and cooking the ribs (also every other thing the mad scientist can come up with while I’m cooking for Jack). I have been doing these parties for about 10 years plus for them starting with Jack’s gas grill to them requesting I bring my original red head to now 3 red heads and using Jack’s classic black kettle. The Ribolator (Alvin let me use it and the Rosti ring from HeyJude thanks guys) this really blow the minds of the guest. Man the things you can do with it for ribs is wild. Jack bought out the sauce and brown sugar mix that we add to them and man they went fast compared to the smoked ribs. Just to correct the ( Sheldon use to own a yellow kettle) it was Sheldon’s father who had the yellow kettle man if he still had that one. Yes Alvin did ask him if it was still around I think he would have driven to LA area to get it!
Well Alvin did a great job on the write up and I just have to say thank you very much….. 
nks for writing up the party and rib cook off. Man i'm glad you came by and helped me cooking great job. Alvin took over a few time when I had to go do other things.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:04:47 AM by Cuda Dan »
Two '86 Red OT 22's (sold one G), '85 Red OT 22, '88 Red OT 22's, '93 Red MT 22 (aka Donna), '93 Red SS Performer (non-gas and non-casters), '02 Green OTP( my brother in law has it now), '04 Green OTG

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 06:25:47 AM »
Great looking party!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 08:49:37 AM »
Looks like a fun time! 8)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 10:34:41 AM »
Looks like an absolute hoot.  That second to last shot...the one with the kettles, the chainsaw and the lanterns....great photo right there.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 10:53:53 AM »
Looks like a damn good time!

WilliamInColorado

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 12:09:00 PM »
Everything looks so delicious! Ham Skull!

SixZeroFour

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 12:16:31 PM »
Talk about a killer looking party! Dan truly is the BBQ man!! We all missed out!

Is that cantaloupe and sweet potato on the grill? I'm going to have to test that out 8)

W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 12:28:34 PM »
Fantastic party and great food.  Thanks for the writeup Alvin.

Dan - you are the "grillin man"!  That was a heck of a cook!

Great seeing Donna in action.

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 01:00:45 PM »
holy crap, that is my kind of party!!!!

BBcue-Z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 01:53:41 PM »
Looks like good food and good times :)
Can't ask for anything better than that :)

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 02:56:43 PM »
Talk about a killer looking party! Dan truly is the BBQ man!! We all missed out!

Is that cantaloupe and sweet potato on the grill? I'm going to have to test that out 8)

@SixZeroFour
Those are squash grown from the backyard garden. Although I have tried watermelon brushed with a little bit of olive oil loved the charcoal taste. Great idea Matt. I will also try the cantaloupe next. Nothing can't be cooked on a Weber.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 07:55:47 AM by argentflame »

Cuda Dan

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2014, 04:09:03 PM »
Hey everyone I wish you could have been there. I love to BBQ so when Jack asked me if I could do it I said HELL YES. Every year something new pumpkin, squash, fish and other items over the years. I did not get any of the squash but Jack had 4 pieces and loved them. They had brown sugar and his special seasonings. With the left over brown sugar I applied it  the ribs.

WinZ, Donna got a get work out and because of the bail system I was able to put other lids onher to hold.
Two '86 Red OT 22's (sold one G), '85 Red OT 22, '88 Red OT 22's, '93 Red MT 22 (aka Donna), '93 Red SS Performer (non-gas and non-casters), '02 Green OTP( my brother in law has it now), '04 Green OTG

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2014, 06:08:07 PM »
Look closely at the second picture. It looks like you have antlers!
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.