Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Bourbon, Whiskey, and Scotch  (Read 23648 times)

gunner

• WKC Brave
Re: Bourbon, Whiskey, and Scotch
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2014, 08:42:09 AM »
My favorite bourbon is Woodford Reserve but it's pretty pricey. My secondaries are Buffalo Trace and Makers Mark which are a bit cheaper. I have had a couple bottles of Makers Mark 46 which is really nice too.

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2014, 12:05:56 PM »
I'm a rum drinker myself but I will sip some good bourbon from time to time. A lot of experts do say adding a little water brings out more flavor. It does make sense that a high alcohol content could numb the taste buds. I'll have to try it but my taste buds may already be too numbed from sipping aged rum neat. The Makers Mark is pretty tasty.
May The Smoke Be With You!

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2016, 04:24:40 PM »
Time to re-visit this topic after …. gasp …. 2 years …..

Here are a couple Canadian whiskys that may not be readily available stateside, but, I must say that they are very nice, indeed.

Their links:

Collingwood

Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye

I recently sampled them, and I recommend them to anyone who enjoys a nice rye whisky.

Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

RumBar

• WKC Brave
Bourbon, Whiskey, and Scotch
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2016, 05:58:21 PM »
Rum. I'm a rum guy, while Kraken is my go to rum I'd prefer not to have any spiced rums. Give me the island rums, Barbancourt 15 (Haitian), Mount Gay (Barbados), Appleton Estate (Jamaica), etc., I have no idea where these islands are but I'm fairly sure they're south of Indiana. Currently drinking Pilar for medicinal purposes.

That being said I do like Jefferson's Ocean.
And I can also enjoy Balvenie Caribbean Cask Scotch. but that's it for my scotch tastes.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 06:09:11 PM by RumBar »

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2016, 07:22:44 PM »
Maker's 46
Glenfiddich 15
Lagavulin 16

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2016, 06:52:53 PM »
I'm a big time Crown guy.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2016, 08:54:14 PM »
Forty Creek Canadian Whisky is my go too. I do like Collingwood

Alas I find Crown Royal about as good as Labatt's Blue. A skanky swill that is only redeemed by advertising.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 08:59:24 PM by Darko »

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2016, 09:04:51 PM »
I like Maker's Mark and Elijah Craig bourbon. I will try the Bulleit next time I buy a bottle.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2016, 08:14:11 AM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2017, 06:43:37 PM »

Twenty years ago I had about 25 bottles of single malt Scotch at any one time. The Fiddich bottles are gifts...part of their new second cask line...one is called Rich Oak and the other is a marriage of Sherry, Bourbon and First Use Oak...worthy. The Ballantine 15 being another gift is an example of a good Scotch....as the the saying goes...."there is no bad Whisky, only good Whisky and better Whisky". My personal preference are big Scotchs..Lagavulin, Bowmore and Highland Park. The really big Macallans are now out of my price range....and the young stuff is not that tasty to me. The George Dickel 12 is the best Bourbon I have ever tried and at 30 bucks is the best valued Whisky I have ever had.....this stuff is better than some 100 dollar single malt Scotchs I have had.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2017, 07:21:30 PM »
What I've found over the past 5-6 years is that Canadian Whisky is going the same route that Scotch & Bourbon has done. Different distilling with different agings in different types of barrels. What I like is that the Canadian Whisky hasn't hit the crazy prices that some of the others have. A few years ago I got some 30 yr old Canadian Rye and paid about 50 bucks for a bottle. I would not have a hope in hell of getting a Scotch or Bourbon for that price.

What I find funny, is that in the US, Canadian whisky outsells Scotch, Bourbon, Irish, Gin... combined.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2017, 07:46:06 PM »

What I find funny, is that in the US, Canadian whisky outsells Scotch, Bourbon, Irish, Gin... combined.

Source, @Darko?
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2017, 08:38:49 PM »
It was something I read a while ago Lawrence.  I was quite surprised to read that. I'll dig around to see if I can find the story.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2017, 09:14:30 AM »
Very nice! Never had the George Dickel, I'll be looking for it. I usually drink Makers 46. Basil Hayden Bourbon is a good one also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

kemmons

• WKC Brave
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2017, 10:06:55 AM »
Made by Still 360 here in the Lou.  Tasty stuff.