Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Calling all Weber Q owners  (Read 34174 times)

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
Re: Calling all Weber Q owners
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2014, 08:52:29 AM »
Wow....that's a great selection of Weber products. My local Ace only has about one 36" shelf wide and maybe 3 shelves high.......and usually no charcoal grills except maybe a Smokey Joe and possibly a OTS or two on the floor.
-Keith

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2014, 09:27:14 AM »
I wish my Ace had an aisle that big! Those red Qs are sharp looking.

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2014, 11:27:49 AM »
the red q's were sexay for sure.  bought a new 22.5 grate with fold up sides, some supersized drip pans, a new sweep to test out for one of the 22's, grill cleaner and steel wool.  i don't see how modding would be required but i haven't been home to shove the new sweep in one or checked the threads for the mod yet.  been lazy.

it's the best stocked weber store near me that i've found.  they did have another crimson on the shelf so kevin should be able to try to match his lid to a bottom. 

I only use kettles with lid bales.

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2014, 12:25:29 PM »
Ooh I like the red ones!!
The new models were released here about a month ago.. No colour though
What do you all think of the new design?
They seem to of gotten rid of the tool holders on the end of the tables... Why would they do that???
You need somewhere to hang your tongs/spatula
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2014, 10:50:00 PM »
Q100 Here with some mods.  New in box off CL $25 around 2 years ago.

Perfect for doing this:

I use it mostly on the weekends my daughter is playing softball friendlies.  I call it my "Laptop".
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

Dale Benson

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2014, 05:00:34 PM »
We retired in 2005, sold our house, and bought a motor coach in which we have lived full-time ever since. The first couple years we hauled around a blue 22" kettle.

Doreen with some sort of Mexican squash around her neck (honest!) in Puerto Vallarta, MX 2005

As you can imagine, the blue 22 got to be a bit unwieldy with this lifestyle so we bought a Q to take with us on the road. Here are a few pics of some of the fun cooks since then.

This might have been the first cook in the new Q.

Doreen and I made dinner for my folks (who were traveling with us then) to celebrate their 55th wedding anniversary.

I had a hard time keeping the temperature hot enough to get the turkey done on a cold and windy Christmas Eve 2009 in Texas.

Chestnuts roasting on an open Q, Christmas Eve 2011 in Tucson.

Some sort of boneless turkey (?) this past Thanksgiving in Tucson.
Dale
Have 22" Yellow MBH will trade for 22" Lime :-)

saxart

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2014, 06:22:11 PM »
Great post Dale!
Interested in ANY offset handle SJs you may have.

toddmog

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2014, 05:11:05 PM »
A friend of mines daughter ran into his huge stainless gasser after her graduation party this spring.  His wife found a Q320 at a yard sale for $40.  He said it will get him by until next summer when he buys a new bigger gasser of some sort.  I told him I wanted first dibs on the Q320 and would give him the $40 he had in it despite him using it until next summer.  He agreed.  I'm a good friend.  8)
2013 22.5 WSM, 2012 Brick Red Performer Platinum, 2012 SJG (Mini WSM), 2011 Q300, 2008 18.5 WSM, 1998 Gas Go Anywhere

weirleigh

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2014, 04:00:01 AM »
Don't have one, but this will probably be my next CL quest as it would be portable and small for times when the kettle isn't practical cooking for one or two people.  For you owners/enthusiast are there any Q  models that you would stay away from? Or are they all pretty reliable with the main difference being size.

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2014, 01:29:55 PM »
Personally I like the models with the high lid, thermometer and electronic igniter and side tables
These tend to be the Q120,220 and 320 models
As opposed to the Q100,200 and 300 models that have lower lid height, no thermometer and piezo igniter
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

weirleigh

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2014, 04:16:40 PM »
Thanks Hogsy, I knew some had the thermometer and some didn't I didn't even realize there was a lid hight difference.  Not in a hurry but if I see one close by for sale I'll look for a 20 in the model number.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2014, 06:50:08 PM »
I have a Q200 and yes the lid is lower but I strictly use it for grilling, no roasting so it fits my needs perfect.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2014, 06:04:29 AM »
Personally I like the models with the high lid, thermometer and electronic igniter and side tables
These tend to be the Q120,220 and 320 models
As opposed to the Q100,200 and 300 models that have lower lid height, no thermometer and piezo igniter
i have the original Q (i think, was pretty long ago) and the first thing i did was install a thermometer. 
I only use kettles with lid bales.

weirleigh

• WKC Brave
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2014, 07:36:59 AM »
I am now a Q owner as well, I found a Q120 on CL the other day, this is a 2006/2007 Q120 so the only real difference between it and a Q100 is the fold out table.  It also came with a stand/cart, cover, a hose adapter for the full size propane tanks and two full size propane tanks one full one empty for $50. 
It cleaned up really easy some of the paint is peeling on the back of the lid but all in all it is in good condition. 
I used it last night to grill some vegetables while my kettle was busy with with the meat and it works great, it will not replace my kettle but definitely give the ability to do a quick cook without much trouble. I can always put in a thermometer if I feel I need it later like GregS.  Was going to hold out for one with the taller lid but I don't really see having too much trouble with this as is. 

The only thing that was missing (didn't realize until I got home) was the catch pan underneath I used a shifted bread pan last night that would sit in the grove as long as i didn't try to move the grill.  I'll order a replacement, unless someone knows of something else that would fit the groves right. 

Saw this on the web as well, if I was going to buy new I would consider it since it is the same price as a regular q-2200 but I don't think I would recommend mounting it to the tractor and grilling while you bush hog I just like the color option, like Dale's green lid .

http://www.greenpartstore.com/John-Deere-Weber-Q-2200-Hand-Carry-LP-Gas-Grill-HR-LPQ2200-html

Dale Benson

• WKC Brave
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2014, 08:26:46 AM »
...  I just like the color option, like Dale's green lid .

I picked up one of these this summer. My dad and I both have JD toys so I had to get one. Shortly after I got mine there were a bunch of them came out on eBay and on Craig's List because there was a promotion through John Deere involving a free one with the purchase of a new garden tractor. I really like the color. It's a much brighter green (official John Deere green) than my other Q, which I'd describe as something closer to a 'Forest' green.
Dale
Have 22" Yellow MBH will trade for 22" Lime :-)