Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The Great North American meetup (via Ontario and Michigan)  (Read 5297 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
The Great North American meetup (via Ontario and Michigan)
« on: September 20, 2014, 03:26:14 PM »
A few weeks ago I posted a score of a very mint and beautiful Lime, MrHoss (Mike) immediately contacted me asking if I was interested in passing it along to a Canadian Ey.
We had already been in contact as I was going to be a conduit to get some kettles and stuff from the good ole US of A to him. 

Well he made an offer that I simply couldn't pass up, my favorite grills are the master-touch and I have 2 of them what else do I need?

After a few weeks he finally made the trek from London Ont to Sterling Heights Mich, with some candied smoked salmon and some maple syrup.

Not a lot of picks but here are a few.

I am on the left and MrHoss on the right (I am thinking the money hadn't changed hands yet as I look awfully possessive of the grill.)

Mike decided to purchase a few items from my weber store (end of season clearances were good to me)

I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Re: The Great North American meetup (via Ontario and Michigan)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 04:27:17 PM »
I am back across the border and about to unload my haul.  Many thanks to Jeff for helping me out.  I picked up "Peach" as well as some sweet Weber goodies, some apple wood, (in the 5 gallon bucket by Peach), and some of Jeff's smoked cheese.  The man also gave me the upper rack for a Vision Kamado as it fits a 22.5 kettle grate and he does not use it.  One of these days we are gonna do up a cook together Jeff....I'll do the brisket and I think you should do the cheese....it's that good boys!
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 05:53:28 PM »
Great story. That's one hell of a kettle and I know Hoss will give it a good home. I've had LB's smoked cheese and it's very tasty.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 06:52:04 PM »
Got Peach unpacked and in my room.  Normally I keep my cookers out in the garage but this one, when not in use, I am thinking of keeping right here....this is a little fuzzy but I captured one of my monitors...notice the desktop picture:

The battery on my camera is dead so these were taken with the wife's cell phone....a little better:

"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 07:26:31 PM »
That is good stuff. Congratulations to both of you guys!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 07:42:19 PM »
Great story!  I hope to meet Mike in person some day .... And, I hope he has the lime close by ...  :D :D
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 08:18:16 PM »
What an awesome story and meet-up fella's - and HOSS!! Made it happen and grabs the sweet limey PEACH in time for the big day!

Gotta admit Jeff, I'm pretty darn jealous you got to taste some of Hoss' candied salmon! and now there's smoked cheese thrown into the mix?!? Now I'm starting to get upset.  ;) ;D

Kudos for passing along that limey! Couple grade A grillfella's right there!

W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 05:52:33 AM »
Mike, I love the desktop picture on your computer, I was really pleased when I took that how cool it looked.

I will say there was a little bit of a touch and go moment when I mistakenly got the impression that Mike changed his mind about the Lime, I told him that if he backed out it would not break my heart as I really liked the lime.  My point to him was there would be no hard feelings if he wanted to back out.
He thought I was saying that I didn't want to sell it and was more than gracious to encourage me to keep it if I really wanted.  That is not what my point was.  I will say, I have no regrets, I love to pass on gems to others but this particular kettle is one that I don't think I will ever see in this condition again.

For those who have not had the privilege of interacting with MrHoss (Mike) he is a top notch person.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 06:12:57 AM »

Grate interaction you two.....No. America for the Win !!!

Congrats to you both & Mr. Boltz, don't be so sure you'll never see one again....I thought the same thing & a Yellow happened out of nowhere !!!

And,Mike.....I really like this photo of a photo of a photo.....

Enjoy....both of you !!!!

"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 04:20:59 AM »
Awesome exchange guys.  A great story.  I would say Hoss is pretty pleased with his new acquisition!  Nice job Boltz for making the opportunity happen!

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 06:49:23 AM »

Those green's really don't compliment each other. The way I see it Hoss you only have 2 options here...

1) Repaint the whole room in Lime green

2) Realize it's not worth the hassle and just ship the kettle to me for safe keeping... you know... forever ;) ;D ;)

Super happy for you man!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 07:01:49 AM »
1) Repaint the whole room in Lime green

2) Realize it's not worth the hassle and just ship the kettle to me for safe keeping... you know... forever

Damn it 604!  I was hoping I would be the only one to realize the green room colour does nothing for Peach. It is gonna be a lot of work preparing everything but I think I will go with option 1).