Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Mojoe Sawz  (Read 2182 times)

Camadile

• Smokey Joe
Mojoe Sawz
« on: September 01, 2014, 01:23:45 PM »
OK, I am the tenderest of the tender feet on this forum but 1Buckie is already all over me to break out my "Mojoe Sawz" recipe!

I developed this sauce over many years when I got tired of tomato based sauces and wanted something different.  Its great for most indirect BBQ cooks on the Weber and works especially well on chicken, ribs and salmon (I use it all the time when I broil salmon in my oven).

I am very interested in getting your opinions on this sauce so please give it a try!  The ingredient measurements are just estimates because I've never actually measured anything out!  Most of you know what you are doing around sauces so just use the ingredients in the amount that you feel would be best.  It's very simple but you can add other ingredients that you think will work with the type of meat you are cooking:

Ingredients (for one indirect cook):

One half can of good quality coconut milk
4-5 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
One tablespoon or more of honey or the same amount of brown sugar
One tablespoon Coleman's mustard powder
2-3 teaspoons of curry powder
One teaspoon cayenne pepper
One half cup apricot jam (you can use raspberry jam if you feel like it!)
Salt and pepper

Put everything in a bowl and vigorously mix with fork or wisp.

Start basting your meat about 40 minutes before it is done, once every 10 minutes or so if you are doing high indirect heat.

Try it and let me know what you think!

Cam

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Mojoe Sawz
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 07:01:19 PM »

Man, that's got it all....sweet, tart, spicy, fruity, heat, creamy from the coconut....great mix !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Camadile

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 06:32:17 AM »
So I'm just wondering if anyone tried out the Mojoe Sawz?

Cam

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 09:01:22 AM »
@Camadile

i've got it tagged to try but have not yet......I know others were talkng about it in a different thread somewhere......it'll make the rounds !!!!

Question.....would tandoori style curry be an OK sub.....not real big on yellow curry, but really like the red.......?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 09:04:46 AM by 1buckie »
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

weirleigh

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 02:36:31 PM »
Don't know exactly when I will but I've copied this and will definitely be giving it a try

AcrossFromHoss

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 09:03:05 PM »
Im going to try this very soon thanks for sharing. I've been wanting to do a coconut curry pulled pork this is right up my alley. This and the orange marmalade chicken wings are my next two cooks.
"Seeing pictures of a nice steak without viewing the middle is like seeing a nice pair of tits in a bra. You tease!!!!"
 22.5 black OTG kettle, 18.5 WSM, Jumbo Joe

Camadile

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 06:20:56 AM »
@Camadile

i've got it tagged to try but have not yet......I know others were talkng about it in a different thread somewhere......it'll make the rounds !!!!

Question.....would tandoori style curry be an OK sub.....not real big on yellow curry, but really like the red.......?

Just checking in again and saw your question.  Yes, try the tandoori curry!  I fool around with this sauce all the time depending on my whims. 

Cam

cjm7171

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 07:05:54 PM »
I tried this on chicken, and my wife and kids even liked it (which isn't an easy crowd to please).  Thanks for the recipe!