Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First Smoke on the Weber Kettle  (Read 1165 times)

blackdog1101

• Smokey Joe
First Smoke on the Weber Kettle
« on: May 09, 2014, 06:56:24 PM »
Last weekend I smoked my first ribs and chicken thighs. They cane out great.  I should have seasoned the thighs, rookie mistake.  But the ribs were awesome.  I rubbed them with Famous Dave's rub, and then cooked them in the oven for an hour wrapped in foil.  Then I smoked them for 2.5 hours with hickory. They developed a nice bark.  Coated them with Sweet Baby Rays sauce for the last 20 minutes.  They were delicious.

Performer OTS
Smokey Joe
Go Anywhere

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
Re: First Smoke on the Weber Kettle
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 07:08:32 PM »
That all looks really good, the ribs look like a competition turn in, nice job..
AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 07:45:19 PM »

Nice cookup, man !!!!!

Try marinading the thighs in Italian dressing sometime, that's a pretty good & easy way to add in some seasoning............
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 03:53:38 AM »

Nice cookup, man !!!!!

Try marinading the thighs in Italian dressing sometime, that's a pretty good & easy way to add in some seasoning............

+1 on the Italian dressing. I hit mine with salt and pepper, and then marinade in the dressing for as long as I can (anywhere from an hour or so to overnight).  Easy to do and always a hit
-Keith