Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Jalapeño poppers  (Read 335 times)

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
Jalapeño poppers
« on: February 04, 2022, 01:10:38 PM »
My classic way. 1.5-2 cups shredded pork. 1 package of cream cheese. About 2 cups cheddar. Mix, then into a frosting bag. Hollow out the peppers. Then stuff them and wrap with bacon. On the grill indirect for one hour. I did about 1/2 a chimney of charcoal. Hickory chunks.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
Re: Jalapeño poppers
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 01:12:28 PM »
Looks delish!

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 01:46:43 PM »
Those look great!
Happiness is found under the lid of a charcoal grill.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 01:58:10 PM »
Looks like a great recipe, can't wait for popper season!

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2022, 05:46:52 PM »

You don't need a reason for popper season!
2021 Bluebonnet Brewoff Winner
1st Place Gold Medal - Munich Helles
1st Place Gold Medal - Oktoberfest

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2022, 06:02:20 PM »

You don't need a reason for popper season!

Home grown!  True, I could just buy them at the store.... Got spoiled with the ones my wife grows.

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2022, 07:37:11 PM »
I need tips on how to grow them! Cause that would be so cool to use home grown peppers!

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2022, 04:58:43 AM »

I need tips on how to grow them! Cause that would be so cool to use home grown peppers!

Mix of miracle grow garden soil and Alabama clay.  She plants them and they grow.  Best thing is the rabbits don’t touch them.  Same with her cayennes.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2022, 05:57:16 AM »
[emoji106] we live in Phoenix. And have had trouble getting stuff to grow. And stay alive. Just started some stuff this week, fingers are crossed

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2022, 08:52:57 AM »
[emoji106] we live in Phoenix. And have had trouble getting stuff to grow. And stay alive. Just started some stuff this week, fingers are crossed

We have to wait until after the last frost - usually Easter Weekend or after in April to plant.  I imagine it could be a challenge in Arizona.  My niece lives there - no grass to mow!

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2022, 02:56:45 PM »

We have to wait until after the last frost - usually Easter Weekend or after in April to plant.  I imagine it could be a challenge in Arizona.  My niece lives there - no grass to mow!

Arizona is great...if you like the desert! We were there in May, and October. Both times it was 106 degrees. But...it's a dry heat, right?
With those temps grilling should be easy. Spontaneous ignition!
2021 Bluebonnet Brewoff Winner
1st Place Gold Medal - Munich Helles
1st Place Gold Medal - Oktoberfest

29tx

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2022, 04:02:06 PM »

I'm in the Phoenix area and had a pretty good harvest from a started jalepeno plant from Lowes. They seemed to do really well on getting full sun until about noon, then shade the rest of the day. Had to water daily on the hottest weeks, now I water them about once a week. Peppers seem to do really well here.

TXFlyGuy, the winters are perfect in Phoenix, try coming out November-March, great weather then!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 04:04:10 PM by 29tx »

captainhook455

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2022, 06:25:23 AM »
Prepping the soil is key to a flourishing garden. Using Miracle Grow around plants is a good starter, because every fall it will get tilled into the soil until next spring when more MG is placed around new plants. A continuous cycle leading to a black soil garden in a few years. I save egg shells which is pure calcium rinsing them out to dry in a bag hanging on the back porch. Crunch them up in the bag spreading on the dirt. Harvesting sweet potatoes I see roots attached to pieces of shell. I do my own hair cut saving the hair to spread over the garden. If not using self lighting charcoal then add the ashes from your Weber to the dirt. Every year I use a lawn sweeper behind my golf cart to collect leaves to burn them over the garden. Any leaves not burnt get tilled in.

Y'all out there in AZ should try a container garden. Plants need the morning sun especially tomatoes after that reflected light is just fine. Is there a spot next to the house that has a bit of shade during the day? Containers on wheels makes it easier to move around and to keep the pot off the cement. I have a tree which shades the entire garden from the afternoon sun here on the east coast of NC. Only 100° here in July-August with 100% humidity feels like 116 especially with taking medicines so I know about heat.2¢

« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 06:27:52 AM by captainhook455 »