Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grad party day!  (Read 748 times)

nitis

• WKC Brave
Grad party day!
« on: May 28, 2017, 08:14:30 AM »
Hosting Nephews HS graduation today. 12 tritip a reverse sear meant I had to bring old blue in from pasture! 

Now the stress begins which charcoal do I use?  Do I cheat and seat on my genesis?  Ah oh well just do what you do I say.

I'll add more pictures as I go. The blue genesis on nobby tires is his grad gift to take to college.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Grad party day!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 08:18:28 AM »
Congrats on the graduation party.
I like your idea of searing on the gasser. You've already got the smokiness from the coal cook. You'll probably end up using all of them for the sear anyway.
Those wheels look great on that genny.
Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 08:22:01 AM »
Even my 14.5 wsm got in on the action last night to smoke a couple pork sirloins to use for pulled in the beans. 4 Weber for this one cook equals #weberjustification

2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 08:24:12 AM »
Looks like you have a good plan and based on the background an awesome day for a party. Have fun. Congrats to the graduate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 12:03:11 PM »
Opted to use the Stubbs with a few chunks of oak laid in top

Marinated the first 8 min some red wine water red onion garlic rosemary concoction then rubbed down with some new to me Harris ranch rub that I like the taste of and a little Kinders buttery steak that the wife demands go on everything

And the first round on the grill