Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Red P Code Master Touch  (Read 3196 times)

LaTuFu

• WKC Brave
Red P Code Master Touch
« on: November 24, 2015, 11:47:25 AM »
This is what I get for uttering those famous last words: "I don't ever see myself owning more than one kettle. What's the point?"

Ran into this, couldn't resist for the price. Also came with the charcoal baskets and brand new grates.

Let me make sure my brief time here has been well spent: this is a red P Code Master Touch, which makes it a 1993 model. How'd I do? [emoji2]

Other than sitting outside for years virtually unused, it looks great.

I plan to clean it up, and once I can convince my wife I'm not insane, I am thinking about getting the gourmet grill grate with some of the cooking inserts.

I'm planning to finally move the gasser off the deck to make room for this one.

It'll be fun to see which one gets more use now, this one or the 26.

Wish me luck when I get home with it.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 02:35:15 PM by LaTuFu »
Q2000; 26er; P Code MT; 22 WSM

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
Re: Red P Code Master Touch (?)
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 12:40:50 PM »
  That's a sweet MT , she'll clean up nicely .

I'd slap a bow on it and surprise her at Christmas with it , blindfold her take her outside so she thinks it's a car or something big and then bam , lay it on her ......I got you a Red Weber !

Let me know how it goes ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

Tommy B

• WKC Brave
    • @tommybrooker
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 12:45:44 PM »
she is a beaut!
Hotty Toddy!

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 01:21:19 PM »
Nice job!

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 01:41:42 PM »
that's nice! 

it looks like the fade, faded. 
I only use kettles with lid bales.

LaTuFu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 03:06:42 PM »
Yeah. Now I need to figure out how to to get it cleaned up. I can definitely see some new wooden handles in its future.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 03:36:13 PM »
You did well. I would advise you not to listen to Idahawk though.....pulling that kind of stuff on a woman will buy you grief.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 06:18:46 PM »
This is what I get for uttering those famous last words: "I don't ever see myself owning more than one kettle. What's the point?"

It has begun, the weberitus has set in...

Good luck!

By the way the that's an awesome grill!

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 10:08:34 PM »
That is a great find. Aside from maybe the one touch blades - where you you can never tell, there isn't a spot on it that can't be cleaned up. And one touch blades are cheap.

LaTuFu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 02:26:17 PM »
Did some cleanup and inspection tonight. Rust is a little heavier than I originally thought, but nothing that is a deal killer. Porcelain is in great shape, no dents or chips.

Rust around the weld points, that's about it.

The one touch blades and handles, on the other hand, are pretty heavily corroded. To the point of probably needing replacement. Are these parts still available or are they something I'll have to find online?

I'm interested in getting it cleaned up and serviceable.  I'm willing to replace some important parts (One Touch blades, Ash Catcher handle, etc) but this will be put into service as a cooker.  I don't need/want to restore it to like new condition. 

What I've already done tonight:  Wire brushed off all of the loose rust, sprayed some rust inhibitor/lubricant into the OT mechanism so it can turn easier.  Scraped the bowl with a razor blade, got the major gunk out of the bowl and the lid.  Sprayed the bowl and lid with Weber Grill Cleaner and rubbed it down with 0000 steel wool (the last two pics are after that). 

The OT is working a lot better now, but it is still binding a bit when I try to operate it.  Hopefully after it sits overnight with the lubricant it will loosen up more.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 02:39:55 PM by LaTuFu »

LaTuFu

• WKC Brave
Re: Red P Code Master Touch
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2015, 06:34:12 AM »

New little brother and big brother hanging out. The gasser is wondering what just hit him.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2015, 06:46:24 AM »
That's a killer red MT!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2015, 07:52:06 AM »
Nice find. RRR!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson