Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Smokenator  (Read 2755 times)

irv39

• WKC Brave
Smokenator
« on: September 08, 2014, 12:06:01 PM »
Does anyone have a smokenator and if so how do you like it.

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Smokenator
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 12:52:09 PM »
people that have them seem to like them.

I personally prefer to snake or use fire bricks, but the smokenator is a nice accessory for those that desire accessories.
http://weberkettleclub.com/blog/2013/11/05/smoking-on-a-weber-kettle/

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 12:59:32 PM »
I love the CB stacker. Haven't tried the Smokenator yet

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 01:01:41 PM »
I had one.  I really don't think you need it.  I'm with Troy, regarding the snake or fire bricks.  The water pan is way too small so you'll just end up refilling it very often or just not even use it and go with a drip pan filled with water.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 01:23:06 PM »
yeah the water pan on the smokenator is a joke.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 06:53:24 PM »
I have it, I don't use it a lot, I have many options in the toolbox.  It is one of those items that i know I will not get a fraction of what I sold it for so I just keep it.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 08:56:37 PM »
I have one and I use it a lot, yep the stock water pan is weak at best.
I use a one pound disposable aluminum loaf pan and get about 4.5 hours
of steam out of it, about the same amount time from a load of charcoal.
AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 12:47:14 PM »
I bought one used a few months back, and after trying to use it a few times, I don't like it.  Using the snake method just works infinitely better.  I had a few issues with it.  When it runs out of charcoal and you have to reload it, you basically have to do like 10 - 15 briquettes at a time.  Because if you do more than that from the rising heat they all get hot and you get a roaring fire and not low and slow cooking.  With the snake I can quickly rebuild a snake going in the other direction if I have to.  Then came fire management, on a snake I'm only adjusting the vents when the weather is being a bitch.  If I have a nice day with very little breeze I don't have to touch them.  With the smokenator I found I was constantly having to adjust the vents based on what/how many coals decided to get hot at anyone time.    Not worth the money IMHO.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 10:53:21 PM »
I've used the snake method to great success. I do like it!