Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Master Touch  (Read 270 times)

burnerboy

• Happy Cooker
Weber Master Touch
« on: May 19, 2021, 11:39:49 AM »
Hi All ,

Im new to barbeque. I have a weber master touch 22". My question is how to i get the most real estate when cooking with indirect heat. Do i put the my char baskets in the middle or do i put them together at one side? mostly doing chicken. Thanks for your response.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Re: Weber Master Touch
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 05:14:38 PM »
Hello and welcome.

It kind of depends on what style you’re going for.  Some grill their chicken indirect “vortex style” with high heat in the middle and their chicken pieces around it.  Others go two-zone by either banking coals to the side or either a Slow n Sear or with Marty’s Bigger Basket - http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=44093

I prefer cooking my chicken “Hoosier-style”, but that’s the fun of a Weber, so damn versatile.  Check out the Live thread to get many ideas of different setups - http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=40426

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 02:26:21 AM »
I like chicken direct or indirect, I do like chicken thighs direct and love the smell of the thighs over direct heat ! lots and lots of ways to cook on the kettle and chicken is cheap enough to experiment with and it's always going to be edible. relax and have fun is the main thing you want to do
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 08:01:24 AM »
I know this may sound kind of silly, but I’ve almost always used my kettle for indirect. All kinds of meat. I use a drip/water pan in the middle. Charcoal on two sides. Approx 25 -30 briquettes on each side of drip pan. The silly part is I just recently started doing charcoal all on one side, the other side empty…good for steak. As stated menu different ways to go. Just remember to enjoy. Good luck. Post some pictures too.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club