Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Another Try  (Read 1649 times)

Lumpy Coal

• WKC Ranger
Another Try
« on: October 07, 2016, 12:10:46 AM »
Haven't been here much lately...terribly busy, but in good ways except I haven't been bbqing as much either.  😭

Anyways, I'm going to doing a turkey for Thanksgiving(a week later because I'm working all Thanksgiving weekend) on the rotisserie again.  I'm willing and wanting to give briquettes another try for their consistency and lower burn temp. I tried kbb once but didn't like them.  I looked for Stubbs but can't find in Canada.  What are you Canadian folks using?  Did I do something wrong with kbb to cause me to not like?  Please educate me on how I need to use briquettes so I don't wreck Thanksgiving. 

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Darko

• WKC Performer
Re: Another Try
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 12:40:06 AM »
I use Maple Leaf briquettes as they're the easiest to get.

As for KBB, some people just don't like the smell.

I've never spun a gobbler, but I would imagine it's just like a chicken or anything else, fuel on either side of a drip pan and the bird over the pan.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 02:48:36 AM »
Forgive my ignorance but is kbb short for kingsford?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 02:52:12 AM »
Yes. Kingsford Blue Bag.

Lumpy Coal

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 04:04:46 AM »
I use Maple Leaf briquettes as they're the easiest to get.

As for KBB, some people just don't like the smell.

I've never spun a gobbler, but I would imagine it's just like a chicken or anything else, fuel on either side of a drip pan and the bird over the pan.
Cool...will give those a try.  Do they produce a lot of ash like kbb or are they light on ash like lump?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 04:08:07 AM by Lumpy Coal »

blieb

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 04:24:41 AM »
I prefer the Kingsford competition coals over ole blue.  Noticeably better heat and longer burn time, that I control.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Smokers:    WSM 22" | WSM 14.5"
Performers: Plum SS  | Red Fade SS

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 05:16:05 AM »
I really like the kingsford competition as well.  Costco had the 2 bag deal for the same price as the blue bag at sams club in the summer but last time I was there I couldn't find it because it's location was replaced by holiday crap.  When I asked if they had any, they were on their walkie talkie's for awhile trying to track it down before I gave up and left.  I might go back today and see if it's only a seasonal item or if it's just in it's off season location.  Costco is new in my town so I don't have them figured out yet

Yendor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 07:52:39 AM »
Costo tends to only have Kingsford Competition as a seasonal item. I bought a 2 bag deal this year, meh, I'll stick with lump, even for my roti.