Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Member appreciation thread.  (Read 660 times)

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Member appreciation thread.
« on: March 18, 2019, 03:42:42 AM »
Morning fella’s!

Sitting here early in the AM thinking about the upcoming day and plans ahead for the summer, the Wkc and more specifically the members here popped in my thoughts. I’m not tagging people here (it doesn’t seem to work in tapatalk currently) and I don’t have the time this morning to go back and see how to spell everyone’s handle correctly so I’m just using real names so I hope you guys all see this.

I had reached out to my local Salvation Army yesterday wanting to get involved more with helping in my community. I started thinking of a thread a while back where Charlie had mentioned he and his other had cooked up some pulled pork and went around passing out sandwiches to people in his area. I remember reading that and being totally blown away by that selfless act. I also had commented on one of his cooks about the seasonings he used and that my area wasn’t familiar with them and some time later received a package with some of those ingredients. There was also another time in another thread that Karl was selling a sidekick table. I mentioned how nice it was and it showed up at my door sometime later and when I asked Karl about it he said the person didn’t want to be known, but just wanted me to have it. Charlie had bought it and had it shipped to me just because I said I’d like to have but didn’t have the money.

Other members here too like Jim have gone out of their way for me and I’m sure other members as well, asking nothing in return. He sent me a Christmas ornament and some rub out of the blue only because I commented on it in a thread, and reached out personally to offer advise on things he noticed in the pictures I’d shared with the group.

My local Stl guys are some of the best around and have been lucky to meet most of them. I’ve been fortunate to be able to help them when they need and they’ve done the same in return. I’ve had the pleasure of helping other members on the forums when they’re either looking for a part or just pm’ing back n forth time to time just to say hi.

The reason I’m writing this is basically to let everyone here know, new and old, that this group is a unique group of grillfella ‘s and I’ve been fortunate to have gotten to be apart of it.
It’s been a struggle for me personally over the last couple years while here. I’ve divorced and had to start over, struggled with sobriety and won [emoji106] (which Bob let me bend his ear about that a time or two) and have had many ups and downs and thankfully turned things around and have been going on the right road for sometime now. The reason I offer that information is because the whole time little things like I’ve mentioned above and selfless acts that I’ve read guys doing for other members have helped me personally to become and stay positive. These men here are some serious stand up guys and I appreciate all of you.

So, before this starts getting sappy sounding... let’s hear about some good member appreciation that you’ve encountered!

Have a good one guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Member appreciation thread.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 09:10:20 AM »
Congrats on the sobriety and look forward to hearing about your volunteer work. This is special club full of great people.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Re: Member appreciation thread.
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 06:46:30 PM »
Travis

That’s not sappy at all.  I’ll have two years of sobriety on Wednesday of this week.  I love the fellowship of this club.  It’s been a huge, positive source of diversion in my life.   It’s good, clean fun. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
Re: Member appreciation thread.
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 07:20:38 PM »
... 9 years on July 4th. There definitely are some great grillfellas around, I am very fortunate for finding this group

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app