Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Chicken and SPAM  (Read 938 times)

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
Chicken and SPAM
« on: January 01, 2019, 02:45:07 PM »
So I decided I wanted chicken again but...  HOT Chicken! While I’m at it may as well smoke som SPAM. I used 3 different seasoning. I used “John Henry’s” Jalapeño Rub on on 6 legs, “Lawry’s” Black Pepper Seasoned Salt on the other 4, and Historic Lynchburg” Tennessee Whiskey Barbecue seasoning and rub on the SPAM.

Also decided this year to keep track of what grills I use the most, and how many times I grill per week.

I can’t wait for breakfast! SPAM and eggs.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
Re: Chicken and SPAM
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 03:09:41 PM »
Looks damn good , never had spam
Though, but I might give that a shot .

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 04:01:30 PM »

I’ve eaten SPAM for years. Same thing each time... open the can, get it out, cut it, and fry it. No more of that SH*t for me. Now I smoke it. I’ll sometimes inject it with bacon fat or apple juice. I just thought this time I’d give the Tennessee whiskey barbecue rub a try. I’m glad I did! It was great. 1.5 hours with apple wood.

I’m the only one in the house that likes it. My wife an son can’t get over the sound it makes coming out of the can and the jelly on it. I asked my son how he would know if SPAM was done and he said... “When it stops moving an looking at me!” He’s so my kid with the smart ass remarks.

Vinnybaggadonuts

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 05:12:26 PM »
Ok, you gotta give up more info on the SPAM thing...

NEVER even thought of that on a grill...!!!

Vinny

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 05:38:17 PM »

I’ve eaten SPAM for years. Same thing each time... open the can, get it out, cut it, and fry it. No more of that SH*t for me. Now I smoke it. I’ll sometimes inject it with bacon fat or apple juice. I just thought this time I’d give the Tennessee whiskey barbecue rub a try. I’m glad I did! It was great. 1.5 hours with apple wood.

I’m the only one in the house that likes it. My wife an son can’t get over the sound it makes coming out of the can and the jelly on it. I asked my son how he would know if SPAM was done and he said... “When it stops moving an looking at me!” He’s so my kid with the smart ass remarks.

Hahaha I love that! Funny stuff. I would try it . I’m kinda on the same page as your son, it comes out looking like the shape of the can... BUT maybe I’ll just give it a shot for shits and giggles !

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 06:01:17 PM »
Ok, you gotta give up more info on the SPAM thing...

NEVER even thought of that on a grill...!!!

Vinny

Got ya covered...

I buy the low-sodium SPAM,use a knife and score the SPAM in a hashtag formation. Then most of time I’ll use bacon fat, or an apple juice and injection to inject into it. Put whatever rub your going to use on it on HEAVY an put into the grill. I use applewood about 90% of the time and keep the grill around 200 degrees or so for about 1.25 hours or until I like the color on that beautiful Spiced Ham. I know it’s done because... it’s done when I take it out of the can. I just like the seasoning on it and the smoke flavor.

Now the next morning you can microwave or pan fry and toss in some eggs and now you have yourself some breakfast.

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 06:05:26 PM »
@Dc_smoke309 If you do it like I do mine... I’m pretty sure you’re going to like it. I’m trying to marinade one tonight. More of that later.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 06:11:36 PM by Shoestringshop »

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 04:05:03 AM »
I was never a fan of SPAM. The texture and taste just never appealed to me. Hmmmm...
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.