Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Yard sale  (Read 5054 times)

Frales

• Smokey Joe
Yard sale
« on: November 01, 2016, 02:47:28 PM »
I've had no luck finding a WK on CL but a I found a yard sale alert and they are listing a pk grill for $30 bucks, anyone know if they are any good? Walmart has the jumbo Joe here for $73 bucks and am leaning that way.

TheDude

• WKC Performer
Re: Yard sale
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 02:50:09 PM »
A lot of PK fans here. I've never personally used one.
Still need a 22” yellow

Frales

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 02:54:41 PM »
Interested to see what's posted about this maybe I'll get both?

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 03:25:43 PM »
@Frales, where are you located??? there might be guys here that would scratch your itch
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

Frales

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 03:42:58 PM »
Louisville, ky east side.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 05:50:00 PM »
Sounds like a good price for a PK. Never used one but I think they are pricey when new. If you have some extra funds snatch it up. If you don't like it you could probably flip it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Frales

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 06:48:10 PM »
After researching them that's what I'm thinking if it's in decent shape.

MDiBar

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 05:10:44 AM »
A PK grill for $30 is a good deal, assuming it's in decent condition.  If necessary, you can buy replacement parts for it on the PK website.  I have a PK grill and really like it.

Frales

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2016, 01:20:34 PM »
I finally scored today!!! I found a Webber 22 original premium kettle new in the box and purchased it from a fireman who buys pallet end of season overstock from somewhere and sells for extra money. I found it on "let go.com" asking price was $60 and he took $50. I'll check the pk out this weekend.
Now I have $50 left in my budget so if the pk is good and I can get it for $25 I could still get a chimney starter and some charcoal! Either way I think I did well, will be heading to Costco for meat this weekend and start with something simple like burgers and sausages. Thank you to everyone for their guidance!! I'm going to look into this pallet overstock gig to see what's up interesting, I have his cell number and he said he stands behind his products if there are problems.

djsal617

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 03:01:00 PM »
Sounds like a good price for a PK. Never used one but I think they are pricey when new. If you have some extra funds snatch it up. If you don't like it you could probably flip it.

Ive been tempted to get one...but like you said at that price new....to pricey...maybe someday il find one on cl
A lot of PK fans here. I've never personally used one.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 04:09:59 PM »
Congrats with the score man! A NIB (new in box) for $50 is awesome! You got the hang of it right out the gate!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2016, 05:33:22 PM »
Yeah that is sweet! And go get that PK!

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2016, 04:52:51 AM »
Congrats with the score man! A NIB (new in box) for $50 is awesome! You got the hang of it right out the gate!

Oh Yeah.. He's "Got It" alright... Weberitis in Almost record time!! 
Nice find!! Now post up some pics and get COOKIN!!!   8)

Jeff
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

Frales

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2016, 06:50:01 AM »
Will photo bucket work here to post picks? If not where is the tutorial section that shows how to do it?

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2016, 08:56:31 AM »
Most us of use the WKC App ot tapatalk from mobile devices.  Even I figgered it out....
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...