Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Some things that work for me  (Read 1208 times)

HankB

• WKC Performer
Some things that work for me
« on: July 01, 2015, 03:50:18 PM »
I'm sorry that I haven't been 'round much here. Having work has it benefits but it also gets in the way of a lot of spare time activities. ;)

I thought I would take a few minutes to share some things that I've particularly enjoyed.

Weber burger press I've used this a few times for both 1/4 lb and 1/2 lb burgers. Lately it has been the 1/4 pounders. I mix a half cup of so of bread crumbs and an egg or two along with some crushed garlic into several pounds of 80 or 85% lean ground beef. (It's even better when I grind my own, but my son decided he wanted his meat grinder back. :( I measure the meat for the patties on a small food scale and put some wax paper on both sidtes of the patty when pressing. (One piece between patties when stacked.) The burgers come out really good!

Grilled Caesar salad I follow the recipe at http://www.cookscountry.com/recipes/7425-grilled-caesar-salad except I use about 5x the garlic they recommend. I suppose it is an acquired taste. :D I also make a double recipe of the dressing because both SWMBO and I like it. I get skinless chicken breasts, cut them in ~3/4" pieces and dredge them in the dressing before I light the fire. Then I grill the chicken and next the romaine hearts cut in half and brushed with some dressing. (this was dinner tonight. :) )

Cave Man Steaks Cave man didn't have grates on his Weber. When he had a nice ribeye or T-Bone to grill, he fired up some of his favorite lump and cooked the steak right on the bed of HOT coals. I like steaks at least an inch and a half thick and preferably thicker. I've bought boneless standing rib roast and cut it into pieces of sufficient thickness. The steak actually quenches the fire a bit so it doesn't cook as fast as you might thick. The skilled cave man kept his lid handy to quench the fat fires that often spring up.

These are all things that have been mentioned here before. I'm sure that for many (most?) of you I'm preaching to the choir, brother! But if you haven't tried these, you really ought to. If any of you do and add something to your grilling repertoire, my work here is one. :D (for now.)
kettles, smokers...

jdefran

• WKC Brave
Re: Some things that work for me
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 07:27:17 AM »
Grilled Caesar salad I follow the recipe at http://www.cookscountry.com/recipes/7425-grilled-caesar-salad except I use about 5x the garlic they recommend. I suppose it is an acquired taste. :D I also make a double recipe of the dressing because both SWMBO and I like it. I get skinless chicken breasts, cut them in ~3/4" pieces and dredge them in the dressing before I light the fire. Then I grill the chicken and next the romaine hearts cut in half and brushed with some dressing. (this was dinner tonight. :) )
We do something similar but like to cube the chicken and baguette then skewer 'em and grill. Then each person can have a skewer(s) of each and assemble.

Glad someone else likes chicken caesar salad as much as me!