Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Calling all Weber Q owners  (Read 34808 times)

LaTuFu

• WKC Brave
Re: Calling all Weber Q owners
« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2015, 12:40:17 PM »
Here's a smoker setup I tried not too long ago on a couple of chickens.  Worked really well, except I put the chickens on too soon for the smoker box (under the left grate).  I needed to give the chips a little more time to burn down to the blue smoke.  They got some early white smoke, so some of the flavor was a little bitter on the skin.  But overall it worked out really well for a quick (oxymoron with smoking, I know) roast with some smoke flavor at a campout.

LaTuFu, Did you have the chickens on a roaster rack to make it indirect? I would love to try this method. I only have one burner control like you that's what's making me wonder how you made it indirect. BTW the chickens are lookin guuuud!! ;)
They were just in a disposable roasting pan. Not quite indirect, but as close as possible without the rack.
Q2000; 26er; P Code MT; 22 WSM

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2015, 01:29:03 PM »
Taking the Q to the next level......Introducing the Q3600
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

bbquy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2015, 04:17:37 PM »
@LaTuFu Thanks for getting back to me. I'm gonna give it try!

bbquy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2015, 04:18:34 PM »
Taking the Q to the next level......Introducing the Q3600

Holy Crap!! I want one!!!

huntergreen

• WKC Brave
« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2015, 04:39:00 AM »
nice set up!!!!!!!!!!

BBQ Jack

• WKC Brave
« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2015, 01:44:05 PM »

Cool. We need one with a red top.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #96 on: August 27, 2015, 01:50:02 PM »
Hmmmm …. I love JD green … If it was only available on a kettle, with yellow handles.  :D

Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2015, 11:04:54 PM »
I picked up a CL Q320 with cart and a propane tank about a month ago on CL. Haven't cooked on it yet though, because the propane tank was immediately moved to my Blackstone Griddle.

I really need to break down and get some more propane tanks I have at least two grills sitting with no fuel. :(

I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

huntergreen

• WKC Brave
« Reply #98 on: October 22, 2015, 08:23:15 PM »
2 months with my q300, has been flawless.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2015, 07:28:07 PM »
Had a Q100 for about 8 years.  Used it frequently and found it quite useful.  Unfortunately I did not clean out the bottom or the grease tray for awhile.  On day I lit it, walked inside to get the food, and went out to see it on fire!!! Yes, it was a blaze!  The debris below the grate caught on fire and fell into the grease tray below.  I had to use a fire extinguisher.  I may get another if the price is right. 
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Cochise

• WKC Brave
« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2015, 11:21:11 AM »
I really want a Q for my sailboat, but craigslist sellers just won't go for my low ball offers like they do on charcoal kettles. I must have made like 15 offers so far in the past couple of months and have not even come close to nailing one down. Its driving me nuts!
SMOKE THIS!!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #101 on: November 07, 2015, 12:04:57 AM »
Just picked up a BNIB Weber 100/1000 Q Griddle for $20.

Anybody using one?
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

BBQ Jack

• WKC Brave
« Reply #102 on: November 07, 2015, 02:02:08 AM »
Cochise, I was able to get a  free Q 1200 from my credit card reward points. Was surprised to see Weber in the catalog.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2015, 02:39:45 AM »
I really want a Q for my sailboat, but craigslist sellers just won't go for my low ball offers like they do on charcoal kettles. I must have made like 15 offers so far in the past couple of months and have not even come close to nailing one down. Its driving me nuts!

Why don't you pay what they are asking?  Are they asking too much?

If I feel something is a fair price and I really want it and seller will not accept what I offer, I pay what they are asking and get the product.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Cochise

• WKC Brave
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2015, 05:10:49 AM »
@LightningBoldtz
Because I'm a cheepskate.
SMOKE THIS!!