Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: value of avocado sequoia?  (Read 3718 times)

Troy

• Statesman
value of avocado sequoia?
« on: February 27, 2014, 08:31:18 AM »
hey guys, someone local to me found the site and reached out to help determine the value of a nice grill he's had in his family for 40 years.

The grill is a 1968ish Avocado Weber Sequoia

It's pretty darned difficult to suggest a price on a unit like this without simply putting it on ebay (but then shipping hassles become a concern)

This isn't a for sale post, but the owner is contemplating selling.

salad

• WKC Ranger
Re: value of avocado sequoia?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 08:43:42 AM »
I'd say about $100-$150.  Who do I make the check out to? 
WTB 18 fruit

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 08:59:37 AM »
Great condition, but I'd never go past the $200 mark for it. You deep pocketed guys can battle it out.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 09:36:03 AM »
I'd say your answer will come via PM, not a post.

And that is a real sweet Sequoia!

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 10:00:05 AM »
Very nice!  I really wish Weber would take a look at Nike's retro sneaker releases and see how hugely successful they are when retro Air Jordan's and Andre Agassi sneakers are released.  These retro shoe releases sell out immediately and are resold for 10x+ their value on eBay and CL. I'm pretty sure retro Weber grills being re-released for sale would be hugely popular too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

salad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 10:08:00 AM »
^Can you imagine old dudes posted outside of Ace Hardware stores, lining up for a shot at a limited run of Galley Ques? I wish they would do it.  They could call it a Weber Heritage or something.  Sequioa's, Galley Ques, the SJ that was on eBay yesterday, oldschool colors, etc. and so forth.  Of course, this forum would then be split between the new "kettleheads" and OG guys saying the how atrocious the quality is on the "retros", lol. 
WTB 18 fruit

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 10:17:53 AM »

^Can you imagine old dudes posted outside of Ace Hardware stores, lining up for a shot at a limited run of Galley Ques? I wish they would do it.  They could call it a Weber Heritage or something.  Sequioa's, Galley Ques, the SJ that was on eBay yesterday, oldschool colors, etc. and so forth.  Of course, this forum would then be split between the new "kettleheads" and OG guys saying the how atrocious the quality is on the "retros", lol.

I would totally camp outside of Ace in the middle of winter for the opportunity to buy a limited re-release sequoia, Westerner, galley que or an original 22.5" red. Your chances of getting robbed at gun point or getting into a brawl for retro Webers are a lot less than retro Jordan's. LOL.

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 10:20:48 AM »
They've already done it with the 14" WSM re-release, I just wish they would follow suit with other Weber models.

tattooedant

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 11:03:35 AM »
Going on what's been happening with some of the rare grills, I think it could fetch as much as $400-$500...Especially if the seller was willing to take it apart and ship it.
NYC Kettle Hunter (where <30 min drives do not exist)

MaxBobcat

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 11:46:39 AM »
If it was local to me, I'd prob go about $200-250.  I could see it going 4 or 5 bills on eBay though.

saxart

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 11:52:34 AM »
They've already done it with the 14" WSM re-release, I just wish they would follow suit with other Weber models.

Yeah, and put REAL WOODEN handles on them instead of the CRAP "reinforced plastic" they're using now...   ::)
Interested in ANY offset handle SJs you may have.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 12:05:47 PM »

Yeah, and put REAL WOODEN handles on them instead of the CRAP "reinforced plastic" they're using now...   ::)

And while you're at it, make the rest of the table and frame out of wood too!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 05:13:09 PM »
If someone offers them $500 they should jump at it. http://palmsprings.craigslist.org/clt/4352714677.html
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 05:35:18 PM by Duke »

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2014, 06:43:34 PM »
Hahahahhahahahha.  Wonderful.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2014, 06:49:13 PM »
 :o