News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

1970s Redhead score

Started by 5280Jeff, February 08, 2014, 10:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5280Jeff

Made a 3 hr road trip this morning to grab this redhead. The guy was the original owner and had gotten it as a wedding gift in Florida in 1978. Needs plenty of work but the leg sockets are very solid. I will wait until it warms up this spring to get it cleaned up and start working on it. I am in need of a twist ash pan if anyone has one for sale or a lead on one I would appreciate it.  :)

Original box

Patent vent

Grill

Gonna need a new handle

Bowl gonna need new wheels

Inside bowl

Original grates, you can see a small crimp in the lid. it was a bit out of round but a quick bear hug fixed that.

MacEggs

Nicely done! The things we will do for a redhead. I've done it three times, now - no regrets.

Too bad about the lid handle being bolted on. No worries.
A 2 rivet handle from Brian will help avert the eyes from that.
I expect that thing to shine come spring. Look forward to finished pics.  :D 8)

EDIT: that cooking grate appears to be original. Try to save it, as the older ones are heavy-duty compared to the newer ones.
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

zavod44

I got the handle you need, just let me know....
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

G$

Those bowl vents will clean as gid as new

Craig

Nice pickup! That will clean up nicely!

MaxBobcat

Very nice score!  Congrats, she's a beaut!

Duke

glrasmussen

That will clean up, great score!

5280Jeff

Thanks guys! One of Brians handles is on the way  :)

G

Nice score....a little work with a razor knife and that bowl will be good as new.  I think I have an extra twisty ash pan with the flat edge.  PM me if interested....I may even have a set of wheels for you.

5280Jeff

Thanks! I have ordered a set of wheels and caps but I do still need an ash pan. PM is coming your way.