Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Mid-Atlantic Meetup Masterthread  (Read 42958 times)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Mid-Atlantic Meetup Masterthread
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2014, 06:30:58 PM »

You bet, Peas.....that's a heckuva setup right there !!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2014, 08:03:22 PM »
I started to tell my wife about how great it was to smoke the fish on a 26, and she stopped me short:  "Whoa, whoa, whoa, don't even start!"

;-)  She knows me too well. 
One of the charcoal people.

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2014, 06:57:56 AM »
What a great time. It was a pleasuring meeting everyone and trying their wonderful creations. I just wish I were able to have been there from the beginning. Marty, thanks again for hosting, you and your wife have a beautiful property.
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

wyd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2014, 11:47:05 AM »
I wanted to thank Marty and his family for putting together the WKC meet.  Had a great time meeting everyone. Then it was time to eat some fantastic food.  If that wasn't enough was able to see some awesome  vintage Weber kettles.  To top everything off Marty had a bunch of door prizes he gave away.  Wow I know I'm missing something but can't think of anything right now.

Marty thanks again for all your hard work.  It turned out great and the weather was perfect for the event.

Brian Reigle (wyd)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 01:37:22 PM by wyd »
Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2014, 12:13:12 PM »
Pics never do anything justice, but they still need to be posted.

Mike checking on the salmon.  BTW...I need that recipe. It was fantastic

Shane cooking on his home made plow disk wok

Teer cooking up some mighty tasty wings

Watching my Yellow MBH go from yellow to a pretty sunset orange

Marty had hidden Weber apparatus everywhere.  Spied this big guy hanging on the barn.  He had the little one hanging in the car port

Kettle group shot

All in all, an absolutely excellent afternoon. I also managed to walk away with more grills than I showed up with. For guessing correctly on Marty's mystery grill, I was handed a brand new in the box charcoal Go-anywhere with wooden handles.  I had been looking for one for a long time, so I was grinning ear to ear.

To top it off, I went from the meetup to a cook out at a friends house.  This friends back yard butts up to a house that has been vacant for over a year. There has been a Happy Cooker rotting behind their shed for as long as I can remember. I asked my friend to ask about it if they ever saw the owners. To make a long story short, they had said to take whatever I wanted from it.......so I came home with an internal ash pan as well. It's dirty, but still very solid. I can't wait to get it cleaned up and put it to use in my Yellow MBH. 
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 12:16:55 PM by OoPEZoO »
-Keith

wyd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2014, 01:40:52 PM »
Watching the yellow kettle change colors was amazing.  Never new they did that so maybe I will need to add a yellow Weber to my collection some day.

Really liked the brownie.  It was in great shape.

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2014, 02:17:48 PM »
Not that I didn't get my fill yesterday, and guess this makes me a glutton, but I had some ribs in the fridge, and thought I may as well do them tonight. My thinking was: well, the smoker is right there, and it's barely cooled off, so...

And I know this belongs in the "show us your charcoal stash" thread, but the sign relates to the Meetup yesterday; how else were they going to find us?
I had more than one say they swore they heard deliverance banjo music playing as they came down our gravel road. If it weren't for the sign...

Up In Smoke

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2014, 06:15:51 PM »
Marty. Thank you so much for putting this meet up together. It was so awesome to finally meet some of the guys from this club and actually put some faces with the names. Great group of guys. All the food was really good, it was definitely cool seeing all  the different show pieces together for the group kettle shot. The Family and i had a great time Thank you again.
Everything's better with charcoal !!!!

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2014, 06:43:40 PM »
These meetups are filling in a huge gap in our knowledge, I think.  Like watching a cooking show on TV, we can be entertained by one another and impressed with images of each other's food.  But after eating some of the food the WKC turns out, I can say with confidence that there are some damn fine cooks in this crew-- I didn't eat one thing yesterday that wasn't delicious, with perfect seasonings and balance.  So if you're following WKC from afar and wondering if these people even know how to cook, you can stop wondering-- they really do.  And we've all got a lot to learn from one another!  Let the adventure continue. 
One of the charcoal people.

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2014, 06:32:07 PM »

Not that I didn't get my fill yesterday, and guess this makes me a glutton, but I had some ribs in the fridge, and thought I may as well do them tonight. My thinking was: well, the smoker is right there, and it's barely cooled off, so...

And I know this belongs in the "show us your charcoal stash" thread, but the sign relates to the Meetup yesterday; how else were they going to find us?
I had more than one say they swore they heard deliverance banjo music playing as they came down our gravel road. If it weren't for the sign...

Those ribs look great Marty. But I know if they are anything like your pork they are finger licken good!!
A Wonderful Family!!!

teerhardy

• WKC Brave
    • My Blog
« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2014, 03:52:47 AM »
Thank you to Marty for putting together the meetup and to everyone who allowed me to pick their brain.  I had a grat time meeting everyone and tasting the awesome food that was prepared!  I am looking forward to the next one!

Here are some of my photos throughout the afternoon

The master working on some salmon

Big Red
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 04:07:29 AM by teerhardy »
Grey 22.5" OTS H
Copper 22.5" OTG... that's right I turned copper into gold.
Black 22.5" SS Performer

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #101 on: May 27, 2014, 12:15:21 PM »
Looks like it was a big success!  Great job to Marty for planning and hosting.  Great job to all those that attended to make it a festive and successful meetup!  Great photos...any more pics?
Kettle collector AND cooker!

salad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2014, 03:58:34 PM »
Nice job, everyone.  The eats looked great!  Killer line up of kettles too. 
WTB 18 fruit

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2014, 09:41:38 PM »
Yes everything looks great. Meetups are the best just getting together with grillfellas as one big family.

wyd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2014, 10:39:43 AM »
Just went thru the whole thread again.  What a great time it was.  The pictures where great as I had a chance to look at some of the great food that was on hand.  Sure was fun meeting everyone.  Til the next time I will just keep reading all the great threads on WKC and learning from everyone.