Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Mid-Atlantic Meetup Masterthread  (Read 43040 times)

MartyG

• WKC Performer
Mid-Atlantic Meetup Masterthread
« on: February 02, 2014, 06:59:00 AM »
OK East Coast WKCers, it's time to start planning a major meetup. I mentioned a while back that I'm willing to host it at my place in Southern PA - just North of Baltimore, South of York, not far from Washington DC etc, etc. Easy to find, and cheapish hotels in the area for overnighters. Bring a tent and you can camp out if you like. I have a fire pit, and a nice stream running though one section of the property.

I'm thinking the Saturday before Memorial Day, (May 24th) but I'm open to other suggestions.

I have a large car-port that will keep rain off the collectible kettles in the event we need it, and plenty of room to cook. I have my own dozen or so kettles that will be on display or in use, and you can bring whatever you like to show off, eat, drink or swap with others. I have an amazing door prize for those in attendance. Like Jeff's last year, I hope to get Weber corporate involved.

Anyone from anywhere in the WKC world is invited. Bring your wife/SO/kids. So let's hear it! Who's in?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 07:10:49 AM by MartyG »

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
Re: Mid-Atlantic Meetup Masterthread
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 09:48:17 AM »
I will try my best to make it.

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 10:59:57 AM »
Sounds like fun Marty.

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 11:34:57 AM »
I suppose I could drive the 20min to make that happen   ;D

Sounds like fun.
-Keith

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 11:19:33 AM »
I've got it on my calendar!  Would likely be me and my three kids. 

Thanks for hosting and organizing this, Marty!
One of the charcoal people.

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 04:34:34 AM »
I'm definitely interested in coming. I'm not sure if I can convince my wife to come with our son since she thinks everyone on the internet is a serial killer.

I'm not good enough at anything on the grill so I'll bring a case of good local beer.

The 24th of May is earmarked in my calender!
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 05:04:16 AM »
If it helps, let the wives know that they are very welcome. My wife will be there, and likely my DIL and two grandkids. When we met in Chicago last year, I think the women had a good time. And hey - they can always help weed the garden!  ::)

For those interested, and especially if you are bringing kids. there's a great steam train in a nearby town that does daily excursions. It's an amazing thing to see - and ride:

http://steamintohistory.com/

Gettysburg is not far away either if you are making a weekend out of it.

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 05:49:53 AM »
How old are the grandkids? My son will be about 18 months by then.
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 07:06:09 AM »
Roughly 6 and 3. (boy/girl)

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2014, 07:11:15 AM »
I'm busy the weekend before and after the 24th.  Sorry for you all, but I should be able to attend this function.  lol
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 04:51:55 PM »
Damn Marty, I just realized what you meant when you posted the Saturday before Memorial Day, (May 24th)
I read it as May 17th for the Meet-up.  My bad, but my loss as I'm 'out' for the 24th.  :(
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 04:55:53 PM »
Hey Bman - no worries. I'm kind of locked into the 24th at this point. If your plans change you know where to find us.

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 05:00:21 PM »
Memorial Weekend is a big event for us each year with Rolling Thunder.  I wouldn't expect you to alter your plans, just more bummed I can't be in 2 places at the same time.  I'll have to watch this one like the majority of the WKC --- via photos.

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 05:03:48 PM »
Marty,

We want to try and make it. Sounds like a ton if fun.
A Wonderful Family!!!

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2014, 04:32:25 AM »
Bumping this back for an update. Wanted to let people know what I'm planning to cook, and to get ideas for what else people want to cook so I can have the right grills ready. You are welcome anytime after 11am. Address will be sent via PM to confirmed attendees.

I plan to smoke a couple pork shoulders the night before, so pulled pork is on the menu for sure. My wife will do smoked potato salad, and I'll have Amish jumbo hot dogs. Nearly everything else in my collection will be fired up, including the 26er, Performer, vintage 18s and 22s, Jumbo Joe, and maybe a few others. I have a rotisserie, a Kettle Pizza, kabob ring, rib racks and other toys for anyone wanting to use them. I'll fire up the fire pit if anyone wants to do smores.

Bring you own beer if you like, but I'll have Yuenglings to share, along with sodas and water.

Anyone have a set of bags they can bring? I have horseshoes.

Should be a good time. I'm really looking forward to it.

Marty