Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Apparently my neighborhood is a goldmine (Red Ranger spotted)  (Read 5446 times)

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
Apparently my neighborhood is a goldmine (Red Ranger spotted)
« on: November 16, 2013, 10:45:02 AM »
I like to take family walks in the neighborhood.  A couple of years ago while walking with my wife and daughter I spotted a weird but nice looking black 22.5" at the curb with someone's trash.  I already had a black 22.5" dixie wheel but thought, "eh, it's in good condition, I'll grab it".  As I got closer I saw it was yellow with black spray painted over it.  My brother Bob already posted something about this along with some pics of the restore (still in progress).  http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/painted-over-yellow-resto-progress-and-questions/ and http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/another-painted-over-yellow-found/.  Ever since then, I have always kept my eyes out on walks just to see what people have.  On every walk, I take my daughters past a house with a red kettle but it looks different...it has cart handles.  After joining up here and going through pictures, I realized that some pictures had a kettle or two that resembled the one I see on my walks.  After some research, I am thinking it is a Red Ranger and a slow drive by today, confirmed it.  I didn't get any pictures of the thing as my camera phone sucks and didn't want to look too suspicious by pulling out my real camera but I will get some.  I worked up the nerve to ring the doorbell but no one answered.  As I was getting ready to pull away, someone was walking down to the driveway to the their car.  I quickly hopped out of the car and inquired about the Ranger but it was the wrong driveway and ended up being a neighbor.  I asked if the people were ever home and she said that it was an elderly man who is always grumpy.  I am thinking that this rescue will require lots of patience.  I am going to go back in a week or two and try ringing the bell again and maybe leaving a note.  I will keep everyone informed and get some pictures of this thing, it looks to be in really good condition.
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

tattooedant

• WKC Ranger
Re: Apparently my neighborhood is a goldmine (Red Ranger spotted)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 10:49:29 AM »
oh dude, that would be a major score. Go through his recycle bin, see what he drinks, bring a case of that, then start working on him...
NYC Kettle Hunter (where <30 min drives do not exist)

tattooedant

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 10:50:35 AM »
Oh if for some strange reason you don't want it, can I be first on the list?!   ;D
NYC Kettle Hunter (where <30 min drives do not exist)

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 11:01:50 AM »
Oh get those pics hurry so we can all start preving on that kettle! Epic just epic! :o
Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 11:02:34 AM »
oh dude, that would be a major score. Go through his recycle bin, see what he drinks, bring a case of that, then start working on him...

Great idea, Damn funny too. 

Btw...that red ranger color is called burnt orange. hope it's in good shape!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

saxart

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 11:34:02 AM »
Go through his recycle bin, see what he drinks, bring a case of that, then start working on him...

Epic!

BTW...  Low Brass, you and I are in the same line of work.   ;D
Interested in ANY offset handle SJs you may have.

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 11:51:41 AM »
Ok... Your talking about the wheel barrel kettle, right?
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 12:45:50 PM »
Good luck, I can't wait to see what happens. We love these kind of stories here. ;)

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 01:11:27 PM »
Saxart, you are a band director?  What age/grade level?  MINIgrillin, yes this is the wheel barrel kettle.  Ok, I got a pic, it's not the best but I was in the car, and across the street aiming through a missing slot in a picket fence.  I will post it as soon as I search how to do so.
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 01:24:00 PM »
You'll shoot your eye out! Get ahold of me, bro... I can show you how to post the pix.
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 02:15:23 PM »
I will post it as soon as I search how to do so.

Gotta host someplace like Photobucket, Picasa, Flickr, etc... then paste the link here.
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
Apparently my neighborhood is a goldmine (Red Ranger spotted)
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 02:21:50 PM »
Whoomp, there it is!

« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 10:37:39 PM by Lowbrass »

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 02:27:33 PM »
Nice find indeed.............. 8)

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2013, 02:36:32 PM »
Thanks for the doodle circle. I don't think I would have seen the red ketle without it.. Lol..
 8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2013, 02:40:35 PM »
Nice find indeed.............. 8)

Won't be a good find until it is secure and on my covered patio. 8)