Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kettle Kave  (Read 3314 times)

MartyG

• WKC Performer
Kettle Kave
« on: September 03, 2013, 07:25:45 AM »
Where do yours spend the night? I was finally able to arrange a better place for my kettlephernalia. More pics to come of what's under cover here, and out of sight to the left, it's just too sunny out right now for a proper family portrait.

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
Re: Kettle Kave
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 07:27:54 AM »
Awesome space you have there. I don't have that luxury. My kettles stay exposed to the elements. :)
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 07:34:13 AM »
So....you cover your kettles in the garage?  Interesting  :D
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 08:56:40 AM »

That's entirely too neat & orderly.......... 8)

I have taken to covering the nice ones from dust, orange paint, etc........you folks have been a real good influence in that way, maybe especially Brian, but others also.......

My toes curl when I see how clean Craig's kettles are, for instance....... :-*
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 09:26:27 AM »
<----- jealous this guy is just plain jealous. Very nice area to store them.
Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 09:47:18 AM »
Looks great Marty....clean and orderly.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 09:48:14 AM »
Nice work Marty!

Mmmmm

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 10:14:22 AM »
Welcome to the Weber Superstore... yes, we have that in stock...
"What this world needs is more humble geniuses. There are so few of us left."

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 12:49:29 PM »
Daymn Marty, you have a better selection of brand new Weber stuff than my local Walmart! 
Is that a CB roti ring hanging there?  What do you think of it? 
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 02:05:58 PM »
Yesir, it's a CB. I have used it a few times and love it. The fit is perfection. May have to mod the motor bracket a bit as it seems to keep the lid open a tiny crack. maybe I dod something wrong when I bolted it on. Anyone else have a similar issue?

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 04:05:07 PM »
Marty, does that ring have a roti hole on both sides of it, or just one side?

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 05:29:25 PM »
Yesir, it's a CB. I have used it a few times and love it. The fit is perfection. May have to mod the motor bracket a bit as it seems to keep the lid open a tiny crack. maybe I dod something wrong when I bolted it on. Anyone else have a similar issue?
Mine fits real good, mine is set up for both the kettle and the WSM, currently i have it set up for the kettle.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 06:02:08 PM »
The kettle/WSM ring is what I want if I order from CB.  But it's $185 bucks delivered.  Have seen 3 of the Webers on CL recently from $40-$70
(the $50 came w/ a Platinum and I am in possession of, but belongs to Peaspurple.  The $70 is just the Weber ring/roti in great condition)
Not sure if the CB & WSM ability is worth the extra $$$$$ compared to CL finds for a Weber version or not?
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 08:01:20 PM »
The kettle/WSM ring is what I want if I order from CB.  But it's $185 bucks delivered.  Have seen 3 of the Webers on CL recently from $40-$70
(the $50 came w/ a Platinum and I am in possession of, but belongs to Peaspurple.  The $70 is just the Weber ring/roti in great condition)
Not sure if the CB & WSM ability is worth the extra $$$$$ compared to CL finds for a Weber version or not?

I have a CL score that came with a OTS for $50 and some other stuff. I don't have the perfect seal and it works just fine.
Did two whole chickens in an hour and fifteen minutes, leaks and no therm, they were fine.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2013, 09:52:20 PM »
I'm loving how clean and organized your garage is Marty. Its making me want to clean out and reorganize my pit of a garage. I'm thinking of a way to store some of my kettles for the coming winter in the garage.