Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Well Ace really screwed up this event.  (Read 3470 times)

Hofy

• WKC Brave
Well Ace really screwed up this event.
« on: March 23, 2024, 02:00:41 PM »
Anyone else get this false information from Ace?  I went to our local Ace today.  NOTHING.  Just a couple of grills on sale.  Nothing as advertise
EE Kettle, 1974 JBK-360 Key Lime "The Fairway" , DR Genesis Gold

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Well Ace really screwed up this event.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2024, 02:54:24 PM »
I went to my local Ace Hardware today and they had a really nice guy out front grilling and giving advice.  He had a gravity fed smoker and it smelled wonderful…. Maybe not all stores participate??  Love my Ace… They started stocking Recteq pellet grills this year which really surprised me.  No Traegers to be found which is what they always had.  I like them because they stock Weber stuff and have a great charcoal selection.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

2kewlgypsy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2024, 11:07:49 AM »
I work for a chain of 5 Ace stores, and can shed a bit of light here.  Nationally Ace puts out 8-10 events per year and sends mailers and puts up social media, but Ace is a co-op, the owners of our stores participate in all events, but all the stores do not have to.  Additionally we all can buy from the warehouse, but can also buy from local vendors, or other vendors and stock things that we think the market needs.  We participated in this event in all 5 stores, and a lot of the time when there isn’t an event, but its a nice Saturday, we will throw something on a grill and have someone talking about what we did, and the spices or sauces that we used. 

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2024, 12:12:55 PM »
Ace really sucks at keeping their local store(s) online charcoal inventory true!