Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: MasterTouch Kettle 57cm failing  (Read 1670 times)

Ian P Scotland

• Happy Cooker
MasterTouch Kettle 57cm failing
« on: July 01, 2023, 05:40:00 AM »
Hello,

Kettle grill is just not working after winter storage. Been thoroughly cleaned as per the Web site, and using only Weber charcoal. Fails to go beyond 150 then cools down rapidly, more so when I add food. Briquettes do not disintegrate. Doing the right moves with the vents and so on.

What could be the problem? Is it possible for a Weber grill to just "break down"? Has some sort of coating probably disintegrated? We bought it in January 2022. Looking to return (exchange) it as "not fit for purpose" but I'm lost as to why it's just not operating. Has anyone else experienced this?

Please advise?

Thanks.

Ian

Cellar2ful

Re: MasterTouch Kettle 57cm failing
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2023, 07:01:27 AM »
I would say your problem is with the briquettes rather than the kettle.  Charcoal briquettes absorb moisture and when damp or wet will not burn correctly and in turn will put off less heat.     Try buying/using another bag of briquettes to see if the heating issue is corrected.  Try another brand maybe as if you were to buy Weber briquettes from the same store, you might run into the same problem.  The store may not be storing them in a dry location.   
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

K4NorthHaven

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2023, 05:07:34 PM »
I've had this problem with damp briquettes. The store had them in a high humidity location for too long. Took forever to ash over, and never got up to Temp. It was a sad day standing in front of the grill.

getlego

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2023, 06:59:37 AM »
Yep there’s no way a kettle can break down. YouTube barbecue pit boys junkyard steak. They blew one up with fireworks and cooked on it. That video is legendary in my opinion. The lid blew so high it went off camera. Just priceless and the fact it still cooked a good meal is a testimony to how good these things really are.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club