Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Had a few generations going  (Read 358 times)

Chesapeake Weber

• WKC Brave
Had a few generations going
« on: August 20, 2022, 07:11:44 PM »
Had a wedding shower / cook out at our house today.  Made a bunch of skinless/boneless chicken breasts and thighs (in a family recipe rosemary bbq sauce), and also some vegetable kabobs for the vegetarian bride.  Had the blue performer I got from @dwnthehatch, my green premium, and the ‘91 red (first cook on it, color change was cool!).

The ‘91 was battle worthy in the wee hours of Saturday (i.e. I had guests coming and I need to get it ready to cook on!).  The cook was great using my fire board to monitor chicken temps.  Did about 7lbs of breasts and 6lbs of thighs. 

Also made a kale salad, tortellini salad, and a watermelon salad (sorry, realized I should have gotten pics of these too).

Always great when the guests are surprised, impressed, and take a “doggie bag” home. Makes it all worth the long prep hours to have company love the outcome! 

I’m tired.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Had a few generations going
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2022, 05:13:54 AM »
Wow, awesome cook!  Kettles look good, and always a fun time when you have morel than one fired up.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

mattstaub

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2022, 07:06:50 AM »
Grate cook!  Always love a masterful use of multiple cookers.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2022, 02:10:10 AM »
I love cooking for crowds, especially when everything turns out and people like it.
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2022, 04:53:41 AM »
Looks great!

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2022, 07:50:28 AM »
Looks like a super successful cook!

Can you tell me more about that half-grate?  Was that a mod or aftermarket?  Love how you paired with the SnS + drip Pan.

Chesapeake Weber

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2022, 09:05:14 AM »
So the half grate is the SNS easy spin grate. The removed portion fits over the SnS and can be left in place, flipped up, or removed. It sometimes doesn’t cooperate when spinning and one of the hinges will come undone during a cook. So, I just took it out for this particular cook as it was one less variable to manage! 

watkinsb87

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2022, 04:20:46 PM »

So the half grate is the SNS easy spin grate. The removed portion fits over the SnS and can be left in place, flipped up, or removed. It sometimes doesn’t cooperate when spinning and one of the hinges will come undone during a cook. So, I just took it out for this particular cook as it was one less variable to manage! 

Had no idea you could remove the hinged portion of the SNS grate. Might have to try it on my next long cook!

Chesapeake Weber

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2022, 06:38:12 PM »
I got it a few years ago, so not sure if they have changed that or not.  It is nice to leave it off on long cooks because there’s no fumbling with it, just add fuel!  But if you leave it on and want to open and close it mid cook, you have to be careful not to “unhinge” it.