Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber forced to change their warranty  (Read 726 times)

jdorn

• WKC Ranger

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber forced to change their warranty
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2022, 06:58:53 PM »
Big government overreach imho. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MoparProud

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2022, 05:48:09 PM »

Big government overreach imho. 

How so?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 05:48:39 AM »
I’m not sure that  the government should dictate to a company what they should warranty.   From my perspective, I thinks it’s reasonable to expect a person to use Weber oem parts as that’s what the product is designed and tested with.   Webers stance should be clear and unambiguous in their warranty documents, of course.   Weber cannot control the quality of aftermarket products. 

MoparProud

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2022, 09:00:11 AM »
But that goes back to the consumers right to use whatever they want to fix or replace or upgrade the product they purchase. Otherwise, we would all be slaves to OE manufacturers.

This may not be so important in the world of grills, but is HUGE in automotive. Say I lose a turbo on my truck, I am completely free to buy a factory turbo from a retailer for, say $1500. I can choose to upgrade turbo for $1500 as well. Or I can replace from a dealer (which would be a requirement to maintain warranty if not for protections), for $3500. As a consumer, I’m getting the exact same turbo as factory, not through the dealer, and saving $2000. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Without this “government overreach”, we couldn’t have any item unless it was factory, and installed by dealers, or the entire warranty would be null and void. Is that right? Hell no.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club