Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Replacement bowl for my LE Red 22”  (Read 262 times)

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
Replacement bowl for my LE Red 22”
« on: March 23, 2022, 08:50:42 AM »
Just got the replacement bowl from Weber after finding a couple pops in the original, and it’s stored indoors. From other posts, it sounds like this itteration was plagued with manufacturing issues.
Happiness is found under the lid of a charcoal grill.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Replacement bowl for my LE Red 22”
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 11:46:36 AM »
Just got the replacement bowl from Weber after finding a couple pops in the original, and it’s stored indoors. From other posts, it sounds like this itteration was plagued with manufacturing issues.
Got my LE in December of 2019 and have put it through some abuse.  It's got the pops and crazing to prove it too.... I've got another one in the attic (cheap ebay deal - I got two) if I ever want to have a perfect one.  But, I really appreciate what we've been through together and it continues to be my Vortex wing/thigh/leg cooker, Kettle Pizza go to and cooks burgers and butts like a dream.  I don't think I've ever done ribs on it.... It's been to the beach with us too and I'm kinda fond of the war wounds it has..... Last year I called Weber and asked about the crazing and pops and they sent me a new bowl AND lid, so those are in the attic as well.  My sentimentality won't allow me to change it out and retire the old bowl lol.....

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 11:49:29 AM »
Got my LE in December of 2019 and have put it through some abuse.  It's got the pops and crazing to prove it too.... I've got another one in the attic (cheap ebay deal - I got two) if I ever want to have a perfect one.  But, I really appreciate what we've been through together and it continues to be my Vortex wing/thigh/leg cooker, Kettle Pizza go to and cooks burgers and butts like a dream.  I don't think I've ever done ribs on it.... It's been to the beach with us too and I'm kinda fond of the war wounds it has..... Last year I called Weber and asked about the crazing and pops and they sent me a new bowl AND lid, so those are in the attic as well.  My sentimentality won't allow me to change it out and retire the old bowl lol.....

MoparProud

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2022, 12:42:29 PM »
I LOVE my LE Red kettle. I don’t have any porcelain issues, only a chip from being an idiot and not using the lid bale and it fell on the concrete.

I have that red beauty to blame for the slippery slope a dove head first down, was the first 22” I got, started with it a Smokey Joe and my Spirit, and now up to 14 various grills and counting.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2022, 01:00:22 PM »
Funny, that one pop is in the same spot.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2022, 03:16:04 PM »
I noticed that…. Grate strap weld location on the inside I believe.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

leeharvey418

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2022, 03:53:14 PM »

I noticed that…. Grate strap weld location on the inside I believe.
I was in an Ace last weekend that had every in-stock color of Kettle displayed on a high shelf under good lighting. You could pick out the grate strap weld on every single one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
2020 26" OKP; 2006 Q 200 Silver; 1997 Red Mist SSP; 2000 22” Plum OTG; and I'm gonna call it a 1975 Smokey Joe

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2022, 04:37:47 PM »
Hmm, what could they do…..trying to think but nothings happening.