Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First Spatchcock chicken - A Home Remedy!  (Read 357 times)

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
First Spatchcock chicken - A Home Remedy!
« on: March 06, 2022, 11:59:19 AM »
Yesterday’s cook. Seasoned with olive oil, S&P and garlic. Stuffed a few pats of butter under the skins with some fresh thyme and rosemary. Cooked on the Kamado Joe Jr. over Rockwood lump @ 350F until the breast hit 165F.

This meal taught me a couple things. First, that I don’t really like the taste of thyme, however, a couple hours after dinner I noticed I was breathing better and my current bout with bronchitis was letting up. It turns out that thyme helps with inflammation, respiratory issues and bronchitis, and it worked better than any medicine I’ve ever tried.

Today, I made some fresh thyme tea.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 07:06:16 PM by stillgriller »
Happiness is found under the lid of a charcoal grill.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: First Spatchcock chicken - A Home Remedy!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 12:57:41 PM »
Looks really good.  My wife cooks a mean flat iron steak in a cast iron skillet with butter, olive oil, rosemary and thyme.  Love the aromatics and flavors achieved with that mix.  I almost always use thyme with rotisserie chicken and rotisserie prime rib.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2022, 01:49:43 PM »
Bravo!! Looks spectacular!

watkinsb87

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2022, 02:41:35 PM »
I’m not a big fan of thyme but I always feel better after I eat it. I like the idea of thyme tea! I’ll give that a try

GlockRocker

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 04:05:05 PM »
Looks awesome. Nicely done!

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2022, 05:32:18 PM »
Looks great

Our spatchcock chicken go to is salt, oregano and rosemary
Dude, relax your chicken.

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2022, 12:15:00 PM »
That bird looks fantastic .excellant consitant color

Sent from my SM-G991U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

captainhook455

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2022, 03:33:50 PM »
Yesterday’s cook. Seasoned with olive oil, S&P and garlic. Stuffed a few pats of butter under the skins with some fresh thyme and rosemary. Cooked on the Kamado Joe Jr. over Rockwood lump @ 350F until the breast hit 165F.

This meal taught me a couple things. First, that I don’t really like the taste of thyme, however, a couple hours after dinner I noticed I was breathing better and my current bout with bronchitis was letting up. It turns out that thyme helps with inflammation, respiratory issues and bronchitis, and it worked better than any medicine I’ve ever tried.

So how did you feel after the thyme tea?

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2022, 07:44:33 PM »

Yeah, thanks. I’m about 20 cups into it. I’ve been combining different herb and spices, but I found a simple thyme and mint tea works best. Sometimes I’ll throw in a ginger or licorice from Yogi, or one of those ‘Sinus Soothers’ from Sleepytime. It’s helping with symptoms but not fixing it, so I may have to visit the Docs office. Not really fond of that idea. :-\
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 07:47:00 PM by stillgriller »
Happiness is found under the lid of a charcoal grill.

captainhook455

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2022, 09:38:54 AM »

Yeah, thanks. I’m about 20 cups into it. I’ve been combining different herb and spices, but I found a simple thyme and mint tea works best. Sometimes I’ll throw in a ginger or licorice from Yogi, or one of those ‘Sinus Soothers’ from Sleepytime. It’s helping with symptoms but not fixing it, so I may have to visit the Docs office. Not really fond of that idea. :-\
When you go to doctor ask for samples of this inhaler. Doctors always have free samples and this one at CVS on the Gold Goodrx costs $427 for 28 metered sprays which I really get 32 sprays. One shot in the morning and you won't use a nebulizer machine again. The directions call for doing it twice, but I have found it isn't necessary. Over the years I have convinced my doctor that I am poor and he gives me samples at every visit.lol