Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: "00" Flour  (Read 44555 times)

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
"00" Flour
« on: February 10, 2022, 03:35:28 AM »
Some of you may know this, the use of "00" Italian flour will take your pizza's from just good, to outstanding!
Until we first used 00 flour, I did not believe it. All it took was one pizza to convince me. Thin crust, with just the right amount of "chew". As good as any NY pizza!

https://www.fornobravo.com/other-products/ingredients/caputo-flour/

This was done on the gas grill. My wife and I devoured the entire pie!

2021 Bluebonnet Brewoff Winner
1st Place Gold Medal - Munich Helles
1st Place Gold Medal - Oktoberfest

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: "00" Flour
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2022, 03:48:29 AM »
Looks fabulous!  Love a good ole cheese pizza.  Fun idea too using the gasser, I’ve been looking for more things to make on mine.  Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2022, 04:18:38 AM »
Looks awesome, not a thing wrong with plain cheese pie when you have an awesome crust. 00 flour is the only way to go !
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2022, 05:45:19 AM »
This was an experiment, as the pan was brand new. 17.5" diameter. It would not fit in our oven!

Pepperoni is my personal choice, but my wife like cheese pizza.

I was introduced to Caputo Tipo 00 flour on an airline pilot forum. This person actually studied pizza making in Milan, Italy. The pizza chef there said to only use 00 flour.

Something else...you do not add oil to the flour when you make the dough. I make the dough in a bread machine. Here is the authentic recipe, from Milan Italy:

1 1/2 Cup 00 Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup Cold water
1 Package yeast

That is it! I always double this recipe, and it makes enough dough for two medium / large pizzas.

65Westy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2022, 09:48:59 AM »
Looks great!

Veekz

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2022, 09:57:15 PM »
I know a guy who has a pizza truck with a brick oven. His pizza’s are famous at all the major events. He swears by using 00 flour. I may need to stock up on some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2022, 04:15:35 AM »
I know a guy who has a pizza truck with a brick oven. His pizza’s are famous at all the major events. He swears by using 00 flour. I may need to stock up on some.

I did not believe it would make any difference...until after using Tipo 00 for the first time. It was night & day different! The crust was thinner, with great flavor, and just the right amount of chewiness.