Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rejoining Club Kettle  (Read 281 times)

Travelque

• Happy Cooker
Rejoining Club Kettle
« on: August 28, 2021, 01:36:01 PM »
Howdy guys and gals, I have a Smokey Joe with a wooden handle that I got in the 90’s, been dragging it all over the world for the Air Force. It’s looking pretty rough and I moved into offsets for several years, moved into kamados and loving it, but decided to RV full time and they aren’t really kamado friendly. I really enjoyed my Smokey Joe, but honestly it was just too small, even for two people with doing smokes and indirect (IMO). So looked at the Jumbo Joe but at one point had an Acorn and always felt constricted and it’s the same size. I had a 22” Weber a long time ago and that seemed like the ticket. The more I looked, and with the SNS it looked like it was a good size. Problem: Fitting it in the RV. Those legs are awful long. I looked around and now see that Weber is doing colors and I found the deep ocean blue which I LOVE. Except they are sold out EVERYWHERE! I wanted to grab a Master-Touch but nothing available. Then I found a Lowe’s Special Edition Original Premium - has the heavy duty stainless grate with the removable ring, and the unexpected bonus of the smoking cutouts in the intake vents! SCORE! I gave up on those and didn’t realize it had it until I unpacked the box. The description was weird on the site, it said it had the ring grate but nothing about the intake vents. So I basically got a Shorty Master touch and no lid holder, which I’m mulling on drilling a couple of holes over. The height I didn’t want anyway as it fits in the RV better as is. Glad to be back, and I’m over the moon about this grill. I couldn’t bring myself to go to the dark side. If I want to cook over gas I’ll stay inside. Oh yeah, if you didn’t know, it’s really:

AIR FORCE BLUE

Aloha!

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
Re: Rejoining Club Kettle
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2021, 01:40:11 PM »
Welcome from Virginia Beach, VA.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2021, 02:05:04 PM »
Welcome from Huntsville Alabama!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2021, 02:26:16 PM »
Welcome from Missouri! That grill sounds interesting, got pictures?
Happiness is found under the lid of a charcoal grill.

Chris-B-Que

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2021, 01:13:47 AM »
Welcome from Brisbane Australia!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2021, 03:22:22 AM »
Hello and welcome. 

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2021, 05:43:32 PM »
Welcome from Plainfield Indiana [emoji631]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2021, 02:46:59 AM »
Welcome from Doraville, GA
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

jarryd

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2021, 06:03:22 AM »
Welcome from Sydney,  Australia [emoji1037]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Travelque

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2021, 08:58:00 AM »
Seems I'm having trouble uploading pictures. Don't know if it's because I have no privileges as a newbie here or my internet connection. I will try again after I move. Trust me, this thing is BEAUTIFUL.