Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hello from San Diego  (Read 313 times)

teejhanson

• WKC Brave
Hello from San Diego
« on: January 31, 2021, 10:10:30 AM »
Hey everyone! I have been reading the content on the Weber Kettle Club for over a year now soaking up all of the amazing information. I got sucked into Weber a couple of years ago because my wife wanted to get me a new gas grill for my birthday. When I went away to college, my dad gave me his old red Weber gasser. It was since abused through the years not receiving the care it deserved. I couldn’t bring myself to replace it and decided to restore it. I started researching how to restore and stumbled upon the Club. The restore process took me a long time and I was without a way to grill. This lead to the purchase of a green Weber SSP. I learned a new way to grill and have since been addicted to charcoal grilling/smoking and collecting these beautiful kettles. My grail is a thumbscrew Caribbean. I picked one up a month and a half ago and have since been restoring it as best I can. The leg sockets have some significant rust and small holes and my OCD just can’t take it, so I will continue to search for one in better condition. My newest acquisition has been an N code grey. It will be the next project after the Caribbean. Anyways I decided I should introduce myself and say thank you for all the helpful information, and the positive moral all of you have provided via your posts. It has helped tremendously to have some positive connection and a new hobby through COVID.

Cheers,

Teej

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
Re: Hello from San Diego
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 10:33:06 AM »
Welcome from Virginia Beach, VA.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 11:59:55 AM »
Welcome from Huntsville, Alabama!  Nice family of grills you have there.  Kudos to you for restoring your dad’s grill, I’m sure it means a lot to you.  Looking forward to seeing some of your cooks!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 04:50:18 AM »
Welcome from Doraville, Ga. nice family you there
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

FatBottomGrills

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 06:11:01 PM »
Welcome. I'm not far from you in North County. Nice collection of Webs!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

1spacemanspiff

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 09:23:25 AM »
I miss "America's Finest City"  Welcome from Nocal.  I'm a big fan for the cados
ISO Yellow Offset SJ, Yellow ranger

Krawtschenko

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2021, 02:21:26 PM »
Welcome from a fellow San Diegan! I am living north of you in Ramona.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Weber Kettle Club mobile app