Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Newbie in need of advice please.  (Read 1871 times)

Simon06

• Happy Cooker
Newbie in need of advice please.
« on: August 17, 2020, 05:06:25 AM »
Hi, I am Simon and I am new to barbecuing. I have done normal direct heat barbecues before but want to start doing more barbecues with a mixture of low and slow cooks as well as direct heat cooks. I have been looking at getting a Weber master touch but not sure which one to get. I have seen different model numbers and wondered if they make any differences. Does the e 5750 have any differences to the e 5755. I’ve also seen a c 5755. I should also mention that I am from the UK so not sure if they differ to the US models. If someone could help explain the differences that would be great. I look forward to posting the results of my first cook.

View to a Grill

• WKC Brave
    • View to a Grill - YouTube
Re: Newbie in need of advice please.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 08:50:09 PM »
I find YouTube is a great source for this type of information.  Create a YouTube account and search out "Weber Kettle" and you will find videos of everything you need to know.

Take care and have fun!
View to a Grill on YouTube

Simon06

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 09:27:20 PM »
Yeah the first thing I did but nothing about it I’m afraid. Thanks though.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 04:14:41 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga USA
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 07:11:39 AM »
@Simon06 What country are you in and are you going to order from Weber directly?

I believe the first two model numbers in black are virtually the same kettle only different model numbers for different countries.  The last one looked like the Smoke color rather than the black.  If you are buying brand new I would highly recommend buying a color rather than a black kettle.  It seems like most of the time you can buy the black kettles in used condition for significantly less.  I would also look at the Performer kettles if they are available in your area because the side table, charcoal bin, and lower shelf is very handy for a daily cooker.
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2020, 01:49:20 PM »
Welcome from just south of Chicago, IL!
I swear, when I score a great deal on a 26" I'll stop buying grills... So often.