Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: "RRRRRR" "Rescue-Restore-Respect-Red-Roti-Ring"  (Read 1702 times)

Kneab

• WKC Performer
"RRRRRR" "Rescue-Restore-Respect-Red-Roti-Ring"
« on: June 13, 2020, 06:46:01 PM »
So. I was looking through the estate sales in my area about 9 months ago. This particular sale was about an hour from my house and due to my work schedule and the late listing of the address I was not able to place my name on the early sign up sheet. I was pretty sure that I was not the only person that was going to be there looking for Weber stuff. But I still had to try. Not only did they have what I think is a first gen Weber fire pit but they also had what looked like it could be a red rotisserie ring buried under a few bags of top soil and gardening supplies in the shed. I figured if I was to get the fire pit or the ring it was worth the ride.
I got there about an hour before the doors opened and took a number out of the cup on the porch... 18. I  figured surely I was wasting my time. There had to be more than just myself that noticed these Items. I  was standing in line behind quite a few people that I recognized from other sales. A lot of professional resellers, people with bags, flashlights and smartphones studying the images and planning their dash through the house. I  was not interested in anything that was in the house. My main concern was finding my way through the house to get to the back yard. I  thought I had my path figured out, then about 5 minutes before the doors were to open they decided that we were going to enter through the garage door instead. I thought this is perfect I should be in the second group of people to be let in and I will just walk straight out the back door of the garage and hopefully find what I was there for. Only problem was that the back door of the garage was blocked, the stairs leading from the garage to the house went into the lower level of the South side of the house and the door from the house to the back yard was on the North end of the middle level of this tri level home. And it was packed with stuff and 17 other people. I managed to work my way through the crowd and out the back door. The firepit was still there and the price was fair so I told the women working the outdoor part of the sale that I would take it and continued accross the yard to the shed which already had several people rummaging through the gardening tools and such. I waited for them to finish choosing what shovels and rakes the wanted. Then I was able to move the bags of dirt out of the way to find the ring that I had spotted in the ad.
I am not certain that it is a Weber ring. But the way the bracket is attached to the ring is the same as another ring that I have that I  believe is a Weber.  The shape of the tabs are the same but bracket itself is different. Hopefully someone here can confirm that it is indeed a Weber ring or not.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Darko

• WKC Performer
Re: "RRRRRR" "Rescue-Restore-Respect-Red-Roti-Ring"
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 06:52:18 PM »
At this point I would say, "who cares". It looks great with your grill.

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 06:55:45 PM »
I’m with Darko...it doesn’t matter. It’s rad!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2020, 07:38:45 PM »
Wow awesome find!! Looks slightly like burnt orange to me. 

Very neat!  Congrats.

smokeyjoe

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2020, 07:54:15 PM »
Nice score. First red roti I’ve seen

ISO Red Outrider.

ABROB

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2020, 09:30:15 PM »
Awesome!

But 9 months ago?  Lol. I couldn't keep something like that quiet for 9 days.

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2020, 01:37:29 AM »
Very nice. That is a Weber roti ring. In the 1960’s Weber did some porcelain custom jobs of accessories and parts. Included were legs, triangles, ash pans, and roti rings.  I have seen a couple glen blue roti rings and this is the second red roti ring I’ve seen.  The ring was probably made in the Wood Dale era so the color is a little different from your 1970s red.

My glen blue roti ring has the same bracket as yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pezdogs

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2020, 01:40:46 AM »
Amazing score well done, and 9 months could have a child in that time.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

bladz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2020, 03:55:27 AM »
Those colored roti rings are so cool!  Congrats on the find! 

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2020, 04:38:24 AM »
I kind of didn't have a choice in about 7 months of that delay. I found it right before the snow began to fly and it was packed away in the shed with the rest of the Weber's for the winter.
Awesome!

But 9 months ago?  Lol. I couldn't keep something like that quiet for 9 days.

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2020, 04:45:12 AM »
Stephen thank you for confirming that this is a Weber ring. Now I just need to find a Wood dale era 22, motor, spit and forks [emoji3064]
Very nice. That is a Weber roti ring. In the 1960’s Weber did some porcelain custom jobs of accessories and parts. Included were legs, triangles, ash pans, and roti rings.  I have seen a couple glen blue roti rings and this is the second red roti ring I’ve seen.  The ring was probably made in the Wood Dale era so the color is a little different from your 1970s red.

My glen blue roti ring has the same bracket as yours.

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2020, 05:11:23 AM »
Wow! I hope I never overlook something like that

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2020, 05:44:53 AM »
Karl, you may want to check with Craig if there is any difference between the Wood Dale and 1960s Arlington Heights era roti and spit. I’m not sure. In the next week or so I can pull my roti and spit out of storage and take a look.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2020, 07:18:17 AM »
I have some random spits and forks that have  been picked up at garage sales that may fit. Time to dig them out for a test fitting.
Karl, you may want to check with Craig if there is any difference between the Wood Dale and 1960s Arlington Heights era roti and spit. I’m not sure. In the next week or so I can pull my roti and spit out of storage and take a look.

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2020, 03:17:09 PM »
Oh Hell Yeah! Sweet score Karl. Congrats