Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Noob here  (Read 1375 times)

Jon_E

• Happy Cooker
Noob here
« on: April 30, 2020, 06:52:20 AM »
Hello,

New here, just got a new Weber 22" Deluxe yesterday as a birthday gift.  Had to assemble it just to I could have supper.  It is one of the green models, bought direct from Weber.

I have owned a Smokey Joe for years, probably 15+ years now, have only used it a handful of times.  Also just retired my Genesis 300-series, it finally rusted/rotted/fell apart and I wanted to go back to charcoal.  Before the Genesis I had a Kamado, from the scammers that used to sell them from Indonesia and Mexico. 

Hoping to learn a bit here, likely to be pretty much a lurker.  I like modifications and accessories and will likely be building a custom grill table first thing, as the sad little aluminum legs and plastic wheels are not what I expected for quality. 

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Noob here
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 07:25:17 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga.
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 08:54:33 AM »
Welcome from Plainfield Indiana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 10:26:49 AM »
Welcome from Huntsville, Alabama!  After restoring and refreshing these 30, 40 and 50 year old grills in my collection, the aluminum legs although lightweight are actually very sturdy.  And being aluminum, the older ones that are not plated can be shined up again easily and of course have no rust.  Also the plastic wheels have been around for almost 50 years and hold up well.  Custom grill tables can be pretty cool too.  Have fun with the build and I hope to see some of your cooks!

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 03:58:31 PM »
Welcome from just south of Chicago, IL!
I swear, when I score a great deal on a 26" I'll stop buying grills... So often.