Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Performer w/Gas Assist  (Read 432 times)

erikfrye

• Happy Cooker
Performer w/Gas Assist
« on: April 20, 2020, 02:04:40 PM »
I have a 1996 Performer gas Assist with a worn out ash pan bracket that attaches via the One Touch assembly on the underside of the kettle.  Will a new ash pan and new bracket fit my 1996 Performer?
I love this grill and have had it since brand new.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
Re: Performer w/Gas Assist
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 02:23:33 PM »
If you search the Forum you will find a few threads where people have modified a newer ash can just slightly and used stainless steel hose clamps to attach it to the leg sockets on the bowl. On the older kettles they didn't attached the sockets in the proper positions for the tabs to go underneath them. Pretty simple fix if you don't mind the newer ash can.
And welcome to the Wkc [emoji2321]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Re: Performer w/Gas Assist
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 05:02:18 PM »
Also, try bending it back into shape.  Often the ash cans get filled with ash & water, causing the bracket to bend over time until it no longer works. If it isn't completely trashed, just bend it back into shape.  Also, remove the ash pan after dumping the ashes out.  Put it upside down underneath.  That way, the water doesn't roll down the bottom bowl curvature (because of the adhesive properties of water running over a curved surface, think of the leaf gutter commercials) until it basically winds up in the ash pan.  (Even if you have a cover, do that if you ever notice water in the ash can).  You'll save the ash can & help save the bracket.)
regards,
Hal