Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: lump or briquettes  (Read 1721 times)

Darko

• WKC Performer
Re: lump or briquettes
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2020, 12:21:47 PM »
Yeah, it was my first black kettle.  My brother had the same issue in his 26"er.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2020, 03:14:17 PM »
I had an AD 26er and the bowl looked like it went to war and back. Weber replaced it under warranty. It’s in Florida now living the good life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

bbqlvr

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2020, 04:16:14 PM »
@Darko:  Do you think cooking during our colder winter climate contributed to you and your brother’s issues with porcelain failure?
BBQLVR
Ranch, 26’er, Summit Charcoal Grilling Centre, SSP’s, SJ’s, CGA’s
Horizon offset, stick burner

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2020, 11:17:05 AM »
I did have crazing and popped porcelain on my black SSP bowl, after my wire charcoal baskets rusted out and I thought it would be ok to go without them.  That was a mistake.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2020, 04:50:28 AM »
Quickest way to roach a kettle is by chucking 10lbs of coals in it to cook a pack of hotdogs... I have never done this myself but I have picked up grills that showed signs of this abuse.
As you see by the photos this 18” was used and abused and the charcoal grate was the shape of the kettle from the insane high temps. I have also seen the plastic handles 3/4 melted off and wooden handles that looked like lump charcoal.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2020, 05:10:34 AM »
Agree. If I use 3/4 or a full chimney I always have baskets or my SnS in use. Sometimes it is fun thought to spread the coals evenly in the kettle and do some actual grilling with chicken or burgers.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2020, 04:05:15 AM »

Sometimes it is fun thought to spread the coals evenly in the kettle and do some actual grilling with chicken or burgers.

Absolutely.

Also I am starting to get some crazing finally [emoji3]. I just never checked close enough. I also have quite the curtsy going on. Probably from many tailgate trips being strapped down and pushing the socket in a little. I need to wear this one out decently so I can justify the purchase of a second 26.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app