Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Replacements for OLD clips for old U-cutout pans?  (Read 659 times)

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Replacements for OLD clips for old U-cutout pans?
« on: January 12, 2020, 03:54:09 AM »
I have a kettle with one of the really old ashpans that has the U-shaped cutouts and clips bolted to the ashpan to keep them on.  However, it is missing two of the clips.  For whatever reason, when I first saw the clip attached to the ashpan, I go the feeling I've seen these same clips somewhere else.  I wondered if they might possibly have been an off the shelf piece of hardware instead of custom made for Weber's application and, if so, that someone might have figured out what they are and where I might find a couple.

Has anyone figured out a replacement for missing ones?
regards,
Hal

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Re: Replacements for OLD clips for old U-cutout pans?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 07:40:11 AM »
So me being me, I would probably go to the hardware store, pick up an aluminum rod, heat up the tip and hammer it flat. Bend to shape and cut off the excess.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Cellar2ful

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 07:52:45 AM »

Here's an old thread on how a couple of members have fabricated replacement hooks for their U cut ash pans.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=10067.msg99287#msg99287
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 09:02:51 AM »
Yeah, I was already thinking they shouldn't be that difficult to duplicate.  But, I just have the feeling i've seen them before and if they are something that I can buy, I'd rather not waste the time & effort making them. 

So me being me, I would probably go to the hardware store, pick up an aluminum rod, heat up the tip and hammer it flat. Bend to shape and cut off the excess.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
regards,
Hal

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 09:05:27 AM »
Thanks for the link.  It sounds like I might have to break down & try my hand at fabricating some if I can't find anything really close that is premade. 

Here's an old thread on how a couple of members have fabricated replacement hooks for their U cut ash pans.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=10067.msg99287#msg99287
regards,
Hal